4.0 out of 5 stars Flawed but worth using with a class
Published 18 months ago by LORD BEAU

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting
I found this really good. It was all about the potatoe famine and I didn't know about that before. I read the play with my class and they really enjoyed it as well. They are all about 12.
Published on 16 Jan 2000

4.0 out of 5 stars Flawed but worth using with a class, 3 Mar 2013
LORD BEAU (London, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Drama - Black Harvest (Paperback)
There are some flaws with this: the English grammar is not perfect (some missing punctuation) but as a class reading book., it's very useful. It's based on the Irish potato famine and contains enough themes to interest most people. The 'horror' is very mild and nobody gets hurt. Rather like a children's short story from about tea-time with the wind howling and some wolves baying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Year 7(C. Willis, B. Woolley, L.Harwood, P.Jennings, C.Kirk), 27 May 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Collins Drama - Black Harvest (Paperback)
The story is set in Ireland in a town called Ballimagliesh. A family of five go on holiday in the country near the beach and town when strange events happen to them. It is your job to find out what happens.
I think the play was really good and I would give it 10 out of 10. I think this play is good because the story has a bit of a twist to it and you can understand it.
My favourite scene was when Prill hallucinated in the shop. I liked this because it was dramatic, spontaneous and also very mysterious.
My favourite character was Oliver because he was different to everybody else and he was interesting.
I think that people who like mystery stories with adventure would enjoy this play because that is what you find in Black Harvest.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting, 16 Jan 2000
By A Customer

Collins Drama - Black Harvest
Collins Drama - Black Harvest by Nigel Gray (Paperback - 12 May 1986)