on 18 June 2003
I purchased this book to assist in making revision notes for the AQA exams. I found by using the syllabus that gaps do appear in its knowledge. Other facts included are not needed in the current syllabus or they become very long winded. Either it has been written out of date/ for the future/ or without knowing exactly what AQA want you to know. HOWEVER, if you have bought the student support materials (separate module books) they do complement each other brilliantly! With them both I made excellent revision notes and practice. The amount of money I paid, I expect all the info needed to be included. This book would make an excellent buy second-hand.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 October 2015
Book was immaculate with protector, perfect for AS chemistry or basic principles
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 August 2001
Chemistry A2 is a full colour textbook designed for use with students studying for the new A2 componant of Curriculum 2000 in chemistry (AQA Board). As opposed to the smaller Collins Advanced Modular Science revision guides, this book provides more than the bare minimum allowing the student to develop a full rounded interest and understanding in the subject. Chemistry A2 is written by examiners and thus matches perfectly the AQA sylibus. My only quibble is that the book claims to contain 'extention boxes' to challenge the most able students in the subject, however these appear to be lacking in the main text.