5.0 out of 5 stars Get swinging., 1 Sep 2002
This review is from: How to Build a Classic Golf Swing (Paperback)
Having just started learning to play golf, I thought that one of the best swingers in the modern game should be able to teach me something. Everything my qualified instructor has been teaching me is in here, simply explained, and beautifully photographed, showing exactly what you should and shouldn't do.
Short of seeing the video of the book, there is nothing left to guess. Ernie even describes what should should be going through your mind at each stage of the swing, and dispels a number of persistent myths, so much so that I have managed to develop a reasonable swing myself.
This is a top book for beginners who know a lot about the game but can't hit the ball straight and long for toffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Class., 15 July 2008
Mr. N. R. Chapman (The labyrinth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Build a Classic Golf Swing (Paperback)
I just today received 'How to build a classic golf swing' by ernie els. I literally received it 2 hours ago but already i am amazed by its contents. Ernie explains the mechanics of the golf swing in simple terms. I only wish my local golf pro could explain half as good as Ernie. Within 2 chapters i have identified aspects of my swing that have been letting me down and i am eager to put them into practice at the range. Easily the best golfing book i have ever purchased and i have ALOT.

5 stars to Ernie.

-Nick,

5.0 out of 5 stars A golfing revelation., 10 Mar 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: How to Build a Classic Golf Swing (Paperback)
Classically produced and classically portrayed by a master of the game.Ernie Else has at last,blown apart the supposed unatainable swing of the tour professional,putting it well within the grasp of every club golfer. The content is to the point, uncluttered by nonsensical theory and backed to the hilt by sparkling, time-lapsed pictures of the perfect golf swing. From the graceful rip of Ernie's drive to his finessed, almost magical touch around the greens, each shot is broken down and put within mental reach of us mere mortals-giving us back the will, the confidence in our game and the power to at last burn up the Monthly Medal with the same voracity of our golfing world's, 'Big Easy'.

5.0 out of 5 stars A golfing revelation., 10 Mar 2001
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 4 Sep 2011
RR Waller "ISeneca" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
For many, Ernie Els, the Big Easy, has a classic golf swing, illustrating beautifully in its smooth grace, that length and accuracy come, not from brute strength but from timing, using all the elements of his swing effectively in control at every point.

This is an ideal book for golfers of every level. It is very well written, illustrated thoughtfully throughout with excellent photographs, not of someone posing at points but a fluid swing stopped by fast shutter speeds. The text complements the pictures very well.

He also has the ability to understand how the swing works without "paralysis through analysis" and he asks all thr right questions and, more importantly, provides the answers! If golfers are looking for a swing to emulate, this is it.

5.0 out of 5 stars review november, 22 Nov 2010
great book, good explanation and photographs. certainly improved my swing and if you remember everything you have read will help your game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Written Just For Me & Grandson John, 16 Oct 2010
The teaching in this book resulted in grandson John being elevated to "Hole in One" at a par 3.

What more can I say other than that we should have studied Ernie's book long ago.

It's one of the 'worth its weight in gold' books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly Good, 28 Aug 2008
This review is from: How to Build a Classic Golf Swing (Paperback)
This book was a lot better than I had expected. The instruction is solid and includes a number of key tips that I have found particularly useful e.g. finding your right tempo. I go back to this book all the time. Paired with the short game book it makes an excellent aide.

How to Build a Classic Golf Swing
How to Build a Classic Golf Swing by Ernie Els (Paperback - 17 May 1999)
Used & New from: 0.01