on 19 March 2012
THIS REVIEW APPLIES ONLY TO THE LITTLE GREY RABBIT CLASSIC SERIES. tHAT book is heavily abridged - all the quirky details left out - for example the fact that when squirrel and hare are gardening - they are planting dandelions. Also left out is most of the character of Hare as self-centeredIllustrations are of course gorgeous - but better to wait for the unabridged versions that are currently being released.

I THINK THAT IF A BOOK IS ABRIDGED IT SHOULD SAY SO _ as I have awsted money on these versions.
on 13 July 2006
I love all the stories of Little Grey Rabbit and her friends, but Little Grey Rabbit's Birthday is my favorite. The other animals love her dearly because she is so wise, kind, and innocent. Here they get to show their appreciation for her with a sweet and splendid birthday party. Squirrel and Hare bake a cake, and everyone else contributes to the effort, while keeping it a secret from Grey Rabbit until the big day. This is Alison Uttley's story-telling at its best.
on 21 September 2013
I would use this supplier agaIn; brought it for my grandchild but kept it in the end as it is one of my favourite childhood books 9but missed the glossy paper!) The text is easy to understand if you are reading the story to under fives.
on 10 March 2014
These stories are just the right length for bedtime reading, and are very well written and illustrated. Timeless stories to delight all.
on 9 April 2015
again added to my growing collection reliving my childhood
on 4 January 2016