on 4 January 2001
After all these years it wouldn't be that surprising if the Mog books had started to fall off in quality...but not a bit of it. Mog's ongoing battle of wills with Mr Thomas continues, with Mog looking so woebegone that surely nobody could side with Mr T in whose chair Mog does a very bad thing...(well, nobody but my far-from-ailurophile husband, perhaps). Poor Mog, life does such awful things to her and, being 'nice but not very clever' (how like so many cats!) she always seems a bit behind in understanding the situation. But as usual she ends up with a big grin and all is well in her world. An indispensable addition to the collection for Mogophiles of any age.
on 29 November 2001
This is the story of the day Mog did a very bad thing....It was an accident, but he had an accident on Mr Thomas's chair. This is story of the events preceeding and following Mog's unfortunate episode. It will deight children of all ages with clever use of language and wonderful illustrations. A great book in true Mog tradition, this is a must for anyone who loves to here their kids giggle during a bed time story.
on 23 April 2008
One of the many Mog stories, and one of my favourites! Mog is possibly one of the most adorable cats ever put to paper! Any child or adult cat lover will cherish her exploits.
And in this story Mog has done a "Bad Thing" in the lounge....She didnt mean too, but the big scary flappy thing in the garden frightened her! Bless! The art is amazing, the facial expressions of Mog are utterly cute, and we can really empathise with her! Theres a happy ending too, and lots of lovely cats to look at with a cat show going on. Perfect for kids and grown ups! Adorable!
on 8 April 2013
This story was an easy, steady read which allowed the children to be humoured and entertained. They giggled and laughed at silly Mogs antics but it also allowed them to sympathise with Mog, because they could relate to their own irrational fears. They understood why certain objects or events had caused Mog to feel that way as well as why family members had reacted in a certain way. This boosted their awareness of the emotional and behavioural aspects of animals and humans.
on 14 March 2016
I bought this book for my granddaughter and read it to her at bedtime, even though she's quite old enough to read it herself. She loved it and it has taught her that reading is not just a chore, but something to be enjoyed. She is now going to read it to her younger sibs and friends.
on 29 May 2014
My 3 year old grandson loves this book, it's a great success. Great pictures, and the text is just right, not too hard for a 3 year old, but stimulating and enriching vocabulary. Grown ups can enjoy it too!
on 21 March 2013
Not one of my favourite Mogs but any Mog is special. Mog is a part of our life and I introduce her to my grand-children (their parents know my friend Judith Kerr and have handed on their books) book by book.
on 3 April 2011
An excellent book. I bought my niece 'Mog the Forgetful Cat' for Christmas as I had loved it as a child. She loved it too so bought this for her birthday. I thought it might be particularly pertinent as she is potty training and has also recently moved house. Beautiful illustrations too...
on 1 June 2014
The story isn't the most captivating. The pictures are okay. There is one I particularly like of Mog on a mouse hunt. But despite my little boy being a complete Mog fan we don't read it terribly often.
on 28 February 2010
My little boy is 3 and absolutely adores the whole collection of Mog books. This one is loved just as much as all the rest. Highly recommended!!