Format: Hardcover|Change

on 8 December 2010
This is a magical story of discovering a secret forgotten place. Great illustrations, but current publication isn't as good as it was when we were younger. Hopefully this work will be rediscovered and published in a better format.
on 17 April 2012
My two grandchildren LOVE this book .They like all the Brambly Hedge books but this is their favourite, it tells the story of 2 little mice searching for somewhere to practice their recital for a forthcoming feast and everyone in the palace is busy and they seem to be in the way. The mother of one of them suggests that they go up to the attic to find some clothes to wear for it and whilst there, they find a key and then stumble on a door, once they open the door, there is staircase and this is what the story is about, what they find upstairs. Although they have heard it many times, when my two grandchildren come to stay (they are 6 and 4), this is the favourite book to be read.
on 22 August 2013
I bought this as part of a gift package for a relative, who loves brambly Hedge. I did have a peek and was won over by the story that unfolded . Very good condition, quick service/delivery etc, well wrapped....and a little girl was extremely happy too. I will keep this in mind for another gift, or maybe I might treat myself ...who knows ? Why not lose yourself in these books too,...nothing to lose and a lot to gain....
on 1 December 2012
needed it to finish my collection, love her books they are so well written and illustrated, thank you so much!beautifully illustrated sweet story which can be read from small children to grown-ups Jill Barklem never disapoint. must have as a classic
on 10 June 2015
A book from my childhood that I wanted to purchase for my son. Good quality and speedy delivery.
on 11 July 2014
lovely stories. Grandchildren love them. right size book also.
on 10 July 2014