5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful! Fantastic! Cuttingly truthful!
I heard this series when it was originally broadcast on Radio 4 a good many years ago and I *loved* it! In fact, I have been unwittingly reciting gags from it ever since. I love Jeremy Hardy and his wonderfully comic socialist view on life and its little absurbities. He is my very own comedy god!
This tape compromises four of six, I believe, episodes from the series...
Published on 15 Nov. 2001

1.0 out of 5 stars Will make your ears bleed
Utter tripe from one of most unfunny and offensive washed up pseudo-Marxists ever been given a microphone
Published 2 months ago by R Moranova

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful! Fantastic! Cuttingly truthful!, 15 Nov. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Jeremy Hardy Speaks to the Nation (Audio Cassette)
This tape compromises four of six, I believe, episodes from the series. Unfortunately, they have included How To Be A Father Part II without including Part I, which is annoying in of itself, and also I found Part I even funnier! But that's life for you. Regardless, please buy this tape if you enjoy Jeremy in any way, shape or form, as you will not be disappointed! It's just one of those series that makes you smile and laugh so much your sides hurt - and that's always a good thing! I just hope the latest series makes it to tape soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever, funny and TRUE, 25 Jan. 2005
Jeremy Hardy sums up the mood for all sane people in Britain.
His outlook upon life, religion and 'attitudes towards each other' is correct to most people's thinking I hope (it certainly is with me). Maybe it's a south London thing, but I hope not.
It's clever in that his strong views are masked by his interjections of 'dumbness' I think you could call it.
This is the most recent tape and although all 5 are great, this one has the most resonance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jeremy Hardy Speaks to the Nation, 3 Jan. 2003
This review is from: Jeremy Hardy Speaks to the Nation (Audio Cassette)
Jeremy Hardy is one of only a small number of comedians that not only make jokes, but makes intelligent points about modern society, government, and social change. This audiocassette collection contains 4 episodes from Series 2, originally broadcast in 1995. Very funny, thought provoking and worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and intelligent, 19 Jun. 2004
M. V. Clarke (Durham, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Jeremy Hardy Speaks to the Nation (Audio Cassette)
This is a brilliant double cassette set of 4 lectures by Jeremy Hardy, on 'How to be a popular figure around town', 'How to have a baby', 'How to meet the challenge of the 21st Century' and 'How to be a father (part 2)'. Anyone who has come across Jeremy Hardy on the radio or TV will know that he's a genuinely funny man, but here, with his own programme, he is better than ever. With witty but accurate reflections on many aspects of modern life, the listener is led through the many complexities facing human beings today. Hardy uncovers our insecurities, mercilessly explaining what people 'really mean.' Ably assisted by Gordon Kennedy and Debbie Isitt, this is great listening. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jeremy Is a Genius, 3 Sept. 2009
Ms. L. C. Paine "loopy101" (Newquay, UK) - See all my reviews
If you love Jeremy, then why haven't you already bought this?? if you don't know Jeremy, then do buy this, it'll cheer you up enormously. He's such an old fuddy duddy but in a brilliantly clever way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 21 April 2014
This man is a genius and very, very funny. I love it. It was difficult for Amazon to find it but it was eventually found and sent to me. Amazon kept me informed throughout the whole procedure.

1.0 out of 5 stars Will make your ears bleed, 5 Mar. 2015

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring Twaddle, 3 Mar. 2009
Jeremy Hardy is a nasty little man whose 'comedy' consists of dull boring leftie old rants.
Thoroughly unpleasant material by a thoroughly unpleasant man. For socialist nerds only.

Jeremy Hardy Speaks to the Nation
Jeremy Hardy Speaks to the Nation by Jeremy Hardy (Audio Cassette - 1 Dec. 1999)
Used & New from: £1.90