Customer Discussions > Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) forum

problems connecting to the mutilplayer server?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Apr 2008 22:09:45 BDT
hello guys :) i got my GTA IV at 10am got home played it tryed goin online, thats was fine, but lets say afta 3pm i couldnt connect,(probs because of too many gamers) today i coundt connect again is anyone having the same problem?

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2008 22:29:03 BDT
yeah occasionally the servers are to busy, didnt have any probs connecting tonight mind

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2008 09:57:17 BDT
A. Gamer says:
I've tried a number of times on both Tuesday night after work and last night after work as well, never managed to connect.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2008 13:29:27 BDT
P. Mittoo says:
I haven't got the game yet but this sounds very omoinous... and I think I know the reason why this is happening. If any of you had purchased CALL OF DUTY 4 you may have come across the same problems? This is because the gaming server was run by GAMESPY. People who had broadband via Tsicali (and other sub companies, Toucan Broadband, etc...) could only access the server during the day (or mainly outside of the hours of 4pm until midnight) becuase the broadband provider did not allow P2P traffic (Gamespy use P2P on their servers for gameplay) between these hours.
They sorted the Call Of Duty issue on my ISP (Toucan) so I'm hoping I won't have the same problems with GTA IV. I'm pretty sure this is the issue though seeing as it is GameSpy once again who are the hosts.
If you do some google searches for Tiscali and Call of Duty 4 you'll be able to read up on some of the issues.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2008 13:36:48 BDT
leo1989 says:
yeah, i've got cod 4 it used 2 happen 2 me aswell but it was fixed. and i hope there will be an update 4 gta 4.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2008 14:11:09 BDT
A. Gamer says:
I think it's just due to the volume of people trying to access it. I actually played COD4 last night, and it took ages to get enough people to get a game started. Obviously not many people online with COD4, so what could they all possibly be doing....GTA IV, me thinks!!

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2008 15:13:54 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 1 May 2008 15:14:53 BDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  30 Apr 2008
Latest post:  1 May 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) by Rockstar (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (280)