Customer Discussions > The Simpsons - Season 14 [DVD] forum

I`ll probably buy it, but not until next year and for less than half this price

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 May 2011 17:07:00 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 May 2011 16:04:15 BDT
I love the front cover. I`m also a completist. But come on, full price for Seasons 1-8 is one thing, but for Season 14, where there are only about five episodes that I will want to watch?...No deal.
The writers seemed to think of a witty title first, and then try to match a story later; to increasingly unamusing and unlikely results. I would have posted an episode-by-episode "preview", to make my point - rather than a technically impossible pre-release "review" - but people really don`t like them. It just annoys me a bit when someone will post "This season is so funny, buy it, 5 stars", when if you are actually applying the star rating critically and in line with other Simpsons seasons, this is a 2/3 star season, and simply isn`t worth the money.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jun 2011 16:33:39 BDT
I thought you were meaning more the fact that every simpsons DVD is half price in less than a year.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jun 2011 16:40:15 BDT
That too. It just seems to me that if the Simpsons is not going to be any funnier than other animated shows, the boxsets shouldn`t cost 10+ more.

Posted on 14 Jun 2011 21:11:55 BDT
lmddawson says:
While I agree with you, I'd doubt they'd sell it a lower price with a caption 'because the quality is a lot lower from Season 12 onwards.'

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2011 21:17:21 BDT
I agree - and until they admit the obvious and do just that, I`ll keep my money until next year and get it for 13.99! :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa12cf9b4)

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  29 May 2011
Latest post:  14 Jun 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Simpsons - Season 14 [DVD]
The Simpsons - Season 14 [DVD] by Dan Castellaneta (DVD - 2011)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (37)