Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's
Customer Discussions > Portal 2 (Xbox 360) forum

If I pre-order portal 2 tommorow on free delivery will it arrive on release day...?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Apr 2011 21:42:37 BDT
Title says all.
Anybody had any experience with free delivery on pre orders before and when games arrive.
I need this on release day so please post thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Apr 2011 10:56:27 BDT
C. STUART says:
U have to do first class to guarantee that it comes on release day

Posted on 10 Apr 2011 09:49:01 BDT
M. Carter says:
And even then it's a little hit and miss you will get it on release day, from my experience anyway.

Posted on 12 Apr 2011 15:58:47 BDT
I have bought games from Amazon (first class) and so far not a single one has come on the release date, or the next few days after it. GAME and Play.com are good for sending games on time for the release date, but obviously Amazon has got a better price.

Posted on 13 Apr 2011 12:38:05 BDT
Atticman says:
Amazon don't really care about customers getting games on release day. They're generally great, but that just isn't on their list of priorities. I've ordered through HMV who tend to be a little better, but a games-specific retailer like Shopto.net are your best bet - they have a guarantee that it'll arrive release day, and they often turn up a day earlier than that. If it doesn't arrive by release date, you get a £3 credit against your next order. Shopto also tend to level-with Amazon on price, and are often cheaper (especially on older games).

Posted on 18 Apr 2011 17:09:39 BDT
S. Jones says:
Well some times it arrives 1-2 days before release date (rarely though)

Posted on 18 Apr 2011 20:01:06 BDT
Ok, heres how you can find out. Simply add it to the basket and go to the checkout and choose the delivery you want and it should update and give you the day it is approx. going to be delivered on!

Posted on 19 Apr 2011 19:50:55 BDT
Halo 3: ODST and Halo Reach came on release day via 1st class post for me.
I've only pre-ordered those two games so I have little experience, but all has been good so far!

Posted on 21 Apr 2011 12:48:17 BDT
Alan M. W says:
Don't ever expect it to come on time
I have had nothing but horrendous experience with Amazon and the fact my Portal 2 didn't come today was the last straw. I wont but anything from here again.

Posted on 22 Apr 2011 14:18:09 BDT
You need to order with Expedited Delivery for it to arrive on the release date.

Posted on 8 May 2011 18:17:10 BDT
Alex R. says:
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong! :) (Bit of Scrubs there). Ever since I order Mario Party 5 back on GameCube, EVERY order for a game from Amazon has turned up on time, on the day of release. Our post where I live is shocking too, deliveries don't come until 2pm some days, so often I wonder if it will turn up, but so far it's not failed me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Portal 2 (Xbox 360) forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  5 Apr 2011
Latest post:  8 May 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Portal 2 (Xbox 360)
Portal 2 (Xbox 360) by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.7 out of 5 stars (219)