Top positive review
6 people found this helpful
Extremely good racing game for the Vita
on 17 September 2013
I was in two minds whether to buy this after seeing a lot of negative comments/videos/screenshots online, but bought it out of a need to have a technical racer for the Vita.
The one important thing to note is that the graphics are sub-par compared to what the Vita can really handle. Some comments have compared it to PSP/PS1 graphics but that isn't the case. In my personal opinion the graphics are better than PS2/PSP, partly due to the higher resolution. The most important aspect for me is that the graphics are clean, sharp and with strong viewing distances. Framerates are smooth, loading times decent and general menu presentation very good.
On the gameplay/design side of things, this game is brilliant so far. There is a bit of a steep learning curve, but everything (content-wise) is relatively the same as the PS3/360 versions. Tons of teams/bikes/drivers from moto 2, moto 3 and moto GP, a nice array of tracks, championship, grand prix, and career modes. There's driving assists, plenty of race options, plenty of customisation and a decent multiplayer.
Everything is linked via leaderboards, trophies and moto gp driver level which unlocks more content as you go along. The patch and DLC is small in size, nothing to overwhelm your memory card.
- Extensive career. championship and online mutliplayer modes.
- Strong driving physics, AI and simulator elements (tire wear/weather/technical bike faults).
- All the same content and features from the console versions, meaning 3D cockpits/racing pits/technical meetings.
- Smooth performance from the game, lag free multiplayer for up to 6 players and decent menu presentation.
- Clean sharp visuals which while simple, surpass games like F1 2011 Vita.
- A few technical issues with online connectivity, but stable most of the time.
- Sub-par graphics.
- Steep learning curve, maybe best for racing game fans.
Overall 8/10. It's Moto GP, and it's very much the game that counts here and not flashy graphics. Solid game.