Is it possible to record a programme and change channels
asked by Janet H. on 7 Jan 2014
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
NOT ON THE UNIT, but you can change channels on the TV.
I would recommend it, but buy from the likes of of 123 Electrics
Bill the TILL answered on 7 Jan 2014
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No, you can only record the channel you are watching. But you can watch a previously recorded programme at the same time as recording.
BillB answered on 7 Jan 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can change channels only if you are watching via your TV or Cable, once you have programmed your RDXV60 via the integral tuner you must leave it on the same channel to record and view other programs via you TV or cable tuner. One feature that you can do is record a program while watching a DVD or VHS.
Techman-st answered on 8 Jan 2014
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, it is possible. I use the remote that came with the Toshiba RDXV60 to record the programme I wish to record, ensuring the record marker is on the program then push the red on/off button. This should then enable you to use your TV remote to chose what other programs you wish to see on you television. Sometimes it switches over to the program I am recording and I switch back again and turn off my TV by the TV remote and turn it back on. The whole idea of the recorder is you can watch another channel of your choice. Hope this is useful, if not do ask further questions.
linda ridgwell answered on 8 Jan 2014
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi Janet.

I would say it depends on which programme timer you were using? this toshiba model has the abililty to record whole series (series link) on it's built in freeview service which you can receive if you have a digital aerial and is considerably cheaper than sky/virgin. But if you already subscribe to sky or virgin depending on your tv.. You can using scart connection lead if tv. has scart socket and link sky box/ virgin box to this unit and record to video tape up to eight hours or dvd blank disc for up to at least same time over 8 days..so in theory..you can change channels and not spoil your recording..? Even if you just had 5 channels to choose from..it can record depending on the time of each programme one to dvd one to hd. and one to video? So you have 3 ways to store your tv programmes? plus it has an 320gb hard drive built in..so the best of three worlds of recording! you can store all un-watched recordings on this model..free of charge, watch them whenever you have the time and then either record them to dvd or video tape or erase them. so Yes. If you set up a series on freeview series link using on screen guide through av2 channel on unit through scart to tv. then add sky/virgin box through scart on av1 so long as your main tv had 2 scart sockets like mine. you could still watch any channel you wanted. record any programme you could want to view later and have the power to record it permanenently onto dvd. or vhs video tape. Brilliant! as for reliability? this is one unit that with time will with industrial style usage, wear down. I bought mine to replace previous toshiba combi unit to continue transferring my large video collection to dvd. But Toshiba have this neat warranty system where..if your unit fails in 12 months from date of purchase and you bought it online...they will replace the unit if your online store cannot repair it? So effectively. This is an all-rounder..quite unique..not fully compatible with all tv.s now on sale..but if you have a flat screen you bought within the last 5 years you should by rights have the connections to use it. I've found this company their products absolutely unbeatable. I would recommend this unit to anyone. AND as an ex- Currys employee..I would know. good luck . Jaz x
jane hooker answered on 9 Jan 2014
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›