Is it possible for DVD players produced for the American market to read Region 2 DVDs?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Jul 2008 04:08:47 BDT
wdtcrm says:
I would love to order the Region 2 DVDs, but am worried that I won't be able to watch them. Does anyone have any information they could share on this? Or, perhaps who knows a Web site I could go to to learn more?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jul 2008 08:13:24 BDT
R. F. J. says:
DVD players made for the American market will only play region 1 DVDS. Region 1 is US and CANADA. You must purchase an all region DVD player. This will play DVDS from anywhere on the planet.Some of them are not that expensive.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jul 2008 21:03:57 BDT
yaleey says:
You can buy a multiregion DVD player for around $30 for a basic one. This will let you play dvds from anywhere in the wrodl. there are also some useful websites which provide dvd hacks for your exisiting dvd player to convert into multiregion, a quick search on Google will do the trick.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Sep 2008 03:40:11 BDT
RonCharles says:
Everything said above is correct. If you want to make things easy on yourself, go on one of the auction websites in the USA, such as Amazon Auctions or E-Bay, and punch in All Region DVD Players. You can easily find several offered. I bought a Philips Player that way, and it will play DVD's from all over the world. It, also, was quite inexpensive. I believe that it may have cost me $60.00 or $70.00, including shipping and handling. Now that's hard to beat. Owning an All Regions DVD Player will give you access to a wide range of DVD's from the United Kingdom that are simply not available in the United States. Also, it can be surprising to see that some DVD's are less expensive, even with the extra postage and currency exchange charges, when bought in the UK instead of in the US.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  9 Jul 2008
Latest post:  4 Sep 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Doctor Who - The Complete Series 3 Box Set [DVD] [2007]
Doctor Who - The Complete Series 3 Box Set [DVD] [2007] by David Tennant (DVD - 2007)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (158)