Customer Discussions > Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) forum

EU players ignored & treated like 2nd class citizens by Blizzard.(have you got logged on today)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 May 2012 11:26:57 BDT
A. Vasilciu says:
As you see from all the 1 star reviews this game a lot of people in uk cant play this game. IF you look on forums you might feel their is nothing wrong on Battlenets side. Last night every forum post with issues in EU was quickly deleted.

Their was plenty of announcments over our US cousins problems with in game achievemnts not recording. Anything about us poor limeys not being able to play the thing zero zilch.

Heres a nice tweet from Blizzard.
Blizzard Entertainment Tweeted: 'We're aware players may not be able to connect to the Americas region, or are having difficulty stay in-game. We are investigating.'

Blizzard Entertainment Tweeted: 'We're aware players may not be able to connect to the Americas region,
or are having difficulty stay in-game. We are investigating.

While us in EU look at login screens or click on play button & nothing.

Mind you didnt help the muppets gave the yanks free diablo 3 guet passes in their collectors set.(we got wow over here).

Anyway im not at home today so has anyone been able to play in good old uk today.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 11:57:55 BDT
Just got delivery of my collectors edition - hope to play later tonight. Hoping the issues will be fixed by then.

Chin up and all that chap. Blizzard's games never work on day of release. Being a wow player I am well familiar with that. Thats the main reason I never take days off to play their games on day of release.

Saying that, Blizzard are genuis when it comes to games and I'm sure it will be worth it. I just might take a week to fix. And lets face it, Oblivion (for example) was far more buggy than this and they didn't even bother patching their game for the first few months !! So a patch on a day of release is pretty good really. Saying that I am yet to come across, even Xbox games, that don't require a day one patch. It's just the industry norm now.

It will improve - just be patient chap. All the best mate.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 12:22:38 BDT
Here is my experience as a UK player.

I tried to pre-order the game late, say 2 weeks ago. I got my e-mail alert on sunday (13th) from amazon telling me they didnt have the stock so I quickly cancelled that and went for Digital Download direct from Blizzard.

I started this @ roughly 4pm on Monday 14th. I did enough research on the forums official and unofficial to know that the pre-download was corrupt/had a file missing and so on the official site there was a 'new' link to click on for EU folks. The download was 7.6gb long and as I am on virgin 60mb broadband (rarely near it tho) it took around 2.5hrs for the download. The first problems I encountered was not downloading the client. It was installing the game with the Blizzard Launcher. I got to 41% and then I was asked to 're-insert' the ejected disk....um, what? So after looking for an hour and being unable to find anything I deleted it and re-downloaded / re-installed. 3 hours later exactly the same thing. It wasn't until the 3rd attempt and at 4 O'clock in the morning tues 15th that I got the game finally installed and launched so played most of yesterday.

After an initally frustrating time - I'm enjoying the 5 or so hours I have put in so far.

Most of my problems apparently were related to not running the Diablo 3 setup file in Windows 7 Compatible mode and also right-clicking and running as an admin.

My advice is to get a clean download. If the downloader fails you are supposed to be able to re-download and let the launcher check your files for you but this creates a .part file for 1 of your 3 tomes and as I already tried this twice luckily after a clean once through download it made the difference.

thats just my way of getting around the digital download, I hope everyone else gets some luck

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 12:26:43 BDT
A. Vasilciu says:
I havd box collectors edition, & played it fine yesterday afternoon. Logged of on few tiems only got dropped due connection once. Then tried last night then it whent all to pot.

Posted on 16 May 2012 12:37:03 BDT
I'm in the UK, I played last night from about 18:00 - 21:00, no issues at all. I played from 10:00 - 11:30 and still no issues, maybe I am just lucky.

I know a lot of people are having issues, but there are even more that are not.

Posted on 16 May 2012 12:40:02 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 May 2012 12:41:50 BDT
L. Delgaudio says:
The UK edition comes with two guest passes for D3 and one for WoW.

Ive had very few problems actually so I guess im one of the lucky ones. Ive managed to put in 9 1/2 hours of play time and spent no more than a few minutes trying to login yesterday when I got back from work.

The three people on my friends list have also managed to login without too many problems.

***I would advise you check the options on the login screen/launcher (cant remember exactly where it is) to make sure you are trying to login to the European servers. For some stupid reason Blizzard defaulted the game to try and login to the US servers. I suspect a lot of peoples problems are due to this.***

My main problem with the game was achievments not working during Act 1 which is annoying but not game braking so I wasnt too bothered. This has been fixed for me now though.

Posted on 16 May 2012 13:19:36 BDT
R. Holdcroft says:
I played this for a couple of hours yesterday. The login issue is a pain...

Downloading game from Blizzard...please be aware that Virgin Media users with the Super-hub will get disconnections as the hub's firmware needs an update that Virginmedia havent sorted out yet and this problem has been ongoing for two years. If you know R Branson personnaly point this out to him!!!!!!!

However, I have an alleged gaming PC that is 18month old I got from Pathetic Computers World and the game runs fine. It didn't crash on me once.

The overhead camera is offputting but controls seem easy to get used to.

The only issue appears to be logging in to either D3 or World of Warcraft.

Posted on 16 May 2012 15:26:09 BDT
A. Vasilciu says:
two things one wheres the guest passes in collectors edition.

2nd I did get it to log on still stopped at login screen. What i had to do was on launch screen klcik on options then reset game preferences. Me thinks one of the patches yesterday upset it.
Your charecter will still be there you then just have to set screen resolution etc. (if option dosent let you select this at first start task manager and end Agent.exe 32 this should then let you reset prefrences.)

Pain in backside but once its running its fine. Just killed skinny king do like the game. (i had it on preorder for since collectors edition launched).

Better customre support would be better.

Posted on 16 May 2012 15:30:24 BDT
Beki says:
twitter.com - bashiok kept us informed of issues last night. I was logged in and playing at 10pm BST and have had no issues since.

Some threads that were started in the general forum were moved to the Tech Support forum, but I've seen no deletions except when the post was incoherant ranting/swear heavy and or broke the forum guidelines.

Posted on 16 May 2012 16:34:37 BDT
DKL says:
Seing as most people who post "reviews" on Amazon don't have a clue about the Amazon Reviewing Guidelines it's easy to believe they don't know how to behave on Blizzard's forum and follow their guidelines either.

As for the login problems, I installed the game without any problems last night but didn't have time to play it. Hopefully I'll find time to try my Demon Hunter tonight instead.

Posted on 16 May 2012 19:22:04 BDT
Beki says:
I am really enjoying my Demon Hunter, even though blizz decided my standard character name (since 2005) was against the naming policy. I shall name a game character somewhere else Scun Thorpe in protest. I'm rambling.

It seems that peak times are still causing server wobbles, everyone coming in from work and logging in between 17 - 19:00 BST are seeing server capacity overloaded and some errors and latency. I'm not able to play this evening, so I hope the server issues are fixed and you all get in.

Posted on 16 May 2012 19:26:00 BDT
S. Nokes says:
UK version installed fine in less than 20min patched in 1min and played about 10+ in hours, great game they just need to sort out the login errors and the little lag spikes. and fix the Npc companions alot of bugs there.

Posted on 17 May 2012 02:19:24 BDT
Luke Carroll says:
I've been playing almost constantly since it went live. I've had the odd little lag spike, but nothing that was in danger of ruining the experience or getting me killed. Are people just trying to log in once or twice and then giving up? Write your password in Notepad, then copy it (highlight it and CTRL+C) and then paste it into the Diablo 3 password field whenever it fails to log in (CTRL+V). Just go CTRL+V, Enter, Enter, CTRL+V, Enter, Enter over and over until you get in.

Posted on 17 May 2012 06:22:33 BDT
The problems for US players are a lot more severe than they are for those of us from Europe from what I have gathered.
Me and my group of friends have played from midday on the 15th and the only issue we've had was loss of some achievements and maybe having to click the login button a few times at peak time.

Installing and running the game were not issues for me though (running an application in admin mode is a no-brainer for me and I have windows set to do that automatically anyways, as UAC is turned off).
Maybe my friends and I have all been lucky, or maybe gamers these days are a lot more demanding, uninformed and needy than they used to be...
Frankly I'm glad I don't have to play online with random players.

Posted on 17 May 2012 17:27:27 BDT
A Chapman says:
I've been trying to install all day from DVD - roughly 5% per 3 hours on a top end PC and the first attempt hung after 10 hours - I might be playing by June - note to self - never ever pre-order a video game

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 20:15:01 BDT
Nuno says:
can't you just download it, instead of using the DVD ? :\

Posted on 18 May 2012 13:40:57 BDT
@ nuno - won't make a difference, what you 'download' is the client 7.60gb. It's the same as using the disk. Wherein the problem here seems to be installing the game, be it from client or disk.

I'd recommend doing all the usual - No-background apps running etc and of course most importantly of all - *INSTALL USING AN ADMIN ACCOUNT, RIGHT-CLICK ON THE SETUP.EXE AND MAKE SURE IT'S RUN IN COMPATIBILITY MODE TO YOUR OS*

In reply to an earlier post on 18 May 2012 16:49:59 BDT
Nuno says:
oh, ok. I figured that would work, because i was able to install via download, although my diablo 3 didn't even arrive yet (AMAZON!!!!1). Anyway good luck on getting that to work :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  16 May 2012
Latest post:  18 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)
Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) by Blizzard (Mac OS X, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
3.1 out of 5 stars   (692)