Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Nov 2007 12:28:56 GMT
Bradley Roe says:
Help!! I have heard that saving the game to the hard drive can help improve the frame rate problems - does any one know how you do this?? Thanks!!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Nov 2007 17:36:34 GMT
P. Loraine says:
Sorry if this is not a perfect answer, being lazy, but it is in the settings section under something obvious like save data or along those lines. I stumbled across it easy enough. Only takes a min or so to save. Coudn't see any major change mind. Only played the game single player, i hear the real problems lie multiplayer and online. Taking my copy back due to it keep crashing while downloading from the PSN.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Nov 2007 22:55:50 GMT
It's very simple but it didn't improve the frame rate, if anything it's worse.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Nov 2007 19:02:01 GMT
P. Loraine says:
Konami have apparently now confirmed this to be the case so don't bother. Got my money back. Will wait to hear news on a patch and what effect it has. Strange how originally they claimed it would help the frame rate!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Nov 2007 12:25:23 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 22 Nov 2007 11:44:49 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2007 11:47:25 GMT
A. F. Evans says:
I know we shouldn`t have to go to such lengths because quite frankly, the game should never have been released in it`s current state. However, if like myself, you have already purchased and wish to persevere with it, here`s how i made the best of the probiems and now play the game how it was intended to be played :-

1. Play the game through a HDMI cable, not a Component cable.

2. In the Playstations settings menu, Display Setting, Output Resolution Settings(?), HDMI then select Custom, and de-select 1080i and 1080p so your left with 720i as the highest setting. (Look on the back of the CD case and you`ll see it`s the game`s max resolution anyway so you won`t loose much)

3. On the PES2008 menu select System settings, then Install, and proceed to install the game onto your hard drive which requires roughly 1800MB of space. (Note - you will still need the CD to play the game, which made me think - How many games have this install feature? I`ve never come across it before and am left wondering if konami have added it in an attempt to rectify the problems that they MUST have known about. In other words, Its gotta be there for some reason)

4. Return to the PES2008 System Setting menu and turn off the Crowd Effects and other unecessary visual options in Screen Settings, and also Commentary (OFF, not volume to zero!) in Sound settings.(Some people like commentary, but you`ll have to do without for now if you want a smooth game).

5. Software Update (something to consider) - if you`ve read a lot of the reviews you`ll notice the vast difference in opinion. Some say it`s the best game ever whilst others say it`s virtually unplayable. It`s easy to forget that not all of our PS3`s are running on the same software update. I think this could well be a big factor. Remember the certain PS2 games that wouldn`t play, or played with "issues" on PS3 without a certain update? (PES6 being one). For the record i`m running Version 2.1

6. Another thing to consider is the camera angle used (Again, we don`t all play with the same angle).I play wide and its ok with these settings, but another angle may help if your still having problems.

Also, I run a NYKO Intercooler which, some may disagree, i`m absolutely convinced helps the PS3 to keep cool and play games more smoothly. For example, when i`d forget to turn the fans up to full speed, the frame rate issue would get even worse after about 5 mins once the PS3 was up to temperature. I`d even get very slight frame rate issues with PES6 on my PS3 before i started using the intercooler.

There you have it. You may find that not all of the measures i suggest are necessary, but i set it like that last night and it was perfect.
Disbelieve me if you wish and join the doom mongers in slating konami and so on, which as i say is totally justifiable cos it really shouldn`t have been released, cos it doesn`t make any difference to me. I`ve sorted my problem and am playin a truely great footie sim on my PS3 with no probs!!

Try it
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  1 Nov 2007
Latest post:  22 Nov 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PS3)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PS3) by Konami (PlayStation 3)
2.8 out of 5 stars   (211)