game is a joke paying 30 pounds for a demo don't buy it we are not your cash cow konami

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 36 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Feb 2014 10:21:26 GMT
dont buy it

Posted on 12 Feb 2014 10:42:21 GMT
Yep, totally agree. I won't touch them until they're packaged together and at the price of a single game. If that means I have to wait until they are the equivalent of platinum, then I'll wait.

Posted on 12 Feb 2014 11:58:54 GMT
hows it a joke im willing to pay £30 for this because i know despite the length the quality is good i have bought far worse games that were longer but crap and not worth near this much in price but people still bought it.

Posted on 12 Feb 2014 12:27:59 GMT
Swinster says:
First off, the main campaign is 2 hours long and is infinitely replayable, if you just play games only to get to the end, THEN, don't buy it.
Secondly, there are 5 extra missions, if these are 1 hour each, that's a 7 hour game witch also is insanely replayable, that's longer than Metal Gear Rising, a game witch I've gotten 60 hours out of.
There are also challanges and leaderboards and if your not a new comer to this series, you know that this will last you a long time, despite this news of its short length. I can complete MGS2 in 1 hour 30 miniutes and I've gotten like 300 hours out of that game. I can say the same for the rest of the series too, people are selling this one real short and honestly if you've played the other MGS games and still don't have faith then your pretty paranoid IMO.

Posted on 14 Feb 2014 18:47:16 GMT
Lawlar says:
The only bad thing is i can see other game companies doing this. '' Play the all new Assassins creed 5 Demo, two memory sequences which will show you the all new combat system for only £40!!!''

Posted on 15 Feb 2014 09:33:17 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Feb 2014 09:37:45 GMT
Swinster says:
The 5 side ops are confirmed to last between 30min-2 hours each. A gaming journalist Tweeted that he played this game for 4 hours straight and at the end of the 4 hours, he only had 10% completion, according to the games loading screen. There is nothing to worry about, just be careful what you read, journalistic integrity has gone down the toilet and as with many things, we've seen a knee-jerk reaction to this game and they've turned it into a sensation. The jokes on you, you were tricked lol.

Posted on 15 Feb 2014 11:42:21 GMT
Josť S. says:
Listen to Swinster. Don't listen to topic creator

Posted on 16 Feb 2014 13:38:52 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 16 Feb 2014 14:13:16 GMT
Balli Telly says:
What game was due to come out? TPP? You are joking!? If it was due out, why would it need 2 more years funding? Komani aren't exactly short of money.

For £42 you can get a buggy Battlefield game...I know which game I would choose.

Game Informer screwed up by not properly clarifying and fans have just lied about it. Sure, focus on the 2 hours thing, but not the fact they didn't finish the game in the 4 hours they had.

The latest information we have is that the game takes 6-8 hours to complete all the missions, without collecting and completing all the challenges...on NORMAL difficulty. So what does it take on "extreme"!?

And journalists have been playing an unlocked version, so the don't have to collect the XOF patches like we do.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Feb 2014 16:51:27 GMT
Pedro says:
Guess they've done it already with Gran Turismo 5 Prologue...? :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Feb 2014 01:16:14 GMT
Swinster says:
Did my post just not register or are you hating for the sake of it?

Posted on 18 Feb 2014 12:51:16 GMT
Mr. Z. Howe says:
I'm happy to pay £30 for a 2 hour game that's just an introduction to a much larger game. I know I'm in a massive minority but I'm looking forward to it :)

Posted on 18 Feb 2014 18:07:10 GMT
Heisenberg says:
This 'game' is nothing more than a MGS5 pre order bonus that they've decided to charge money for!!

Posted on 18 Feb 2014 21:54:51 GMT
Balli Telly says:
??? I haven't pre-ordered MGSV...yet I'm getting GZ so what are you talking about? :D

Posted on 20 Feb 2014 10:57:46 GMT
A. Sayers says:
Some of you people on here willing to pay £30 for an unfinished game are just idiots, who would go to the cinema and pay £10 to watch quarter of a movie ? not many as I thought...

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Feb 2014 11:18:25 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Feb 2014 11:19:04 GMT
Mr. Z. Howe says:
So you never watched a trilogy? (A 3rd not a quarter, but i think you get what i mean)

Posted on 20 Feb 2014 12:46:42 GMT
Balli Telly says:
Unfinished? It was finished back in 2012.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Feb 2014 10:55:27 GMT
kinjoking says:
calm down mate, it will be fine. if your unhappy, email them instead, or buy it on Ps3 where its even cheaper. dont be a troll.

im looking forward to playing this.

Posted on 21 Feb 2014 11:57:49 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Feb 2014 02:55:59 GMT
Super Drake says:
I agree with swinster, depends on your playstyle really too. On another note if I was going to bash a series I say COD with it's annual development with how short AND expensive it is, now this is a cash cow. Seriously though what is with the hate, there are many other short games out there but the Internets suddenly just went bananas =p

Long story short if you don't like it then don't buy it, your not forced to buy it, no use moaning to other people because of something you haven't played. Considering there are reports for the playtime where are the reviews? Kinda stupid placing judgement on this so quickly when only GameInformer had access to it.

I on the other hand am glad we are actually getting a taste of whats too come considering the time since the last metal gear release and god knows how long phantom pain will be considering it's going to be much bigger than GZ.

http://www.play-asia.com/metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-english-paOS-13-49-en-70-7exj.html

£24 =D

Posted on 24 Feb 2014 18:35:42 GMT
Michael says:
It's £23.86 on shopto.net and if your a silver member it's under £22.96 and for gold members i think it could be about £22 maybe less hope this helps happy gaming everyone.

Posted on 25 Feb 2014 17:15:25 GMT
Joe says:
PS4 price is now £28 on Amazon

Posted on 25 Feb 2014 18:10:39 GMT
Last edited by the author on 25 Feb 2014 18:12:08 GMT
N says:
People really trying hard to justify the price of this glorified demo... damn you people are desperate for anything MGS, you would probably pay £50 just to see Snake in a thong on your console.

Posted on 25 Feb 2014 18:30:05 GMT
Last edited by the author on 25 Feb 2014 18:31:38 GMT
Michael says:
A lot of people inc the media pre judged this game early based of a speed run and media getting people to believe that's how long the game is proves how fickle some people can be, It's not a demo the 2 hours is for story which is 8% of the Game it's been proved recently it will be 6-8 hours long if you do the side quests with dlc on the way for this game as well and if you complete the game you get DLC for the phantom pain so go to the gaming forums on IGN or Gamespot Trolls your ill informed views are not welcome here

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Feb 2014 18:45:38 GMT
Michael says:
It's not as short as you think it takes 6-8 hours to complete every thing on this title which is longer than most full price games (COD, Battlefield 4 well most FPS single player) i get it you don't like this game but you are pre judging this based of a speed run article of the main story quest besides £23 on shopto for a game that's nearly 8 hours and has dlc for the phantom pain to unlock as well as dlc being made for this game on the way is quite a good deal, I'd rather spend £23 on this than £45 on game that has no single player only multiplayer which you have to get a Xbox live gold membership to play" cough" titanfall

Posted on 25 Feb 2014 22:27:53 GMT
polesp says:
Has dropped down to £19.75 at gameseek.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  26
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  12 Feb 2014
Latest post:  22 Mar 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) by Konami Digital Entertainment BV (PlayStation 4)
3.6 out of 5 stars   (213)