Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

My only regret was buying it twice

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Sep 2007 13:10:22 BDT
C. Raeburn says:
As a Almond fan of the 80's I was 'talked' into buying this on CD with all the lyrically waxed reviews pointing to it being a masterpiece. Of course, the truth is it is dire effort as the original sales and commercial success of it factually show.

It is filled with poor quality songs trying to shock with style copied lyrics of some of the greats. It just irritates. I thought this man was a genius as a child. I feel abused as listening to it as an adult I can only assume that Almond was little more than a dirty old man. Sadly, Almond is not among the Scott Walkers or Brels and quite rightly so. He does not deserve to be. The biggest insult of all for me was being bitten twice. Once in the 80's for the vinyl and again in 2007 for buying it on CD.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Oct 2008 21:41:43 GMT
A. Roberts says:
in your opinion that is..........this is deep dark and very melodic BUY it 3 times !! in my opinion

PEACE
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  9 Sep 2007
Latest post:  29 Oct 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mother First
Mother First by Marc Almond (Audio CD - 1997)
4.8 out of 5 stars (11)