do not buy this game (pc gamers)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 Nov 2009 02:56:40 GMT
Bios4x says:
-Upper limit for multiplayer games in the PC version will be 18 players e.g 9 VS 9
- No dedicated servers
- They took away most of the stuff from pc gamers mods and dedicated server for matchmaking

Posted on 13 Nov 2009 13:02:27 GMT
the worst thing is actually this:!

NO LEAN!! ..yep NO LEAN!! you cannot lean!! Why did they even bother making a PC version!!!
its is clearly a console port, and feels like a nice looking game of operation wolf!
DONT WASTE
YOUR MONEY!!

Posted on 15 Nov 2009 07:10:12 GMT
J. Pritchard says:
It feels no different to CoD4 or WaW. If you want a console port try the travesty that is FarCry 2.

Posted on 18 Nov 2009 19:07:55 GMT
Gary D Tutt says:
bump

Posted on 19 Nov 2009 15:18:59 GMT
M. Meadows says:
Ignore these guys, they haven't even gotten the game and played it. It's an awesome game despite the MP flaws that everyone acknowledges. The lag is minimal because IWNet is designed to place you in the lowest ping game, and playing a game with friends (8 others + you since maximum game size is 18 players) is simple and works well. Lean is completely unimportant, no serious player in a game as fast paced as this would consider the lack of lean to be important enough to not buy the game. It's well worth 10/10 for MP alone, not even considering SP which is fantastic and replayable and the special forces missions which are fun to play will take a while to complete as some are really hard.

tl;dr - Ignore the whiners, get it and try it for yourself and you won't be dissapointed.

Posted on 19 Nov 2009 15:21:00 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 19 Nov 2009 15:24:42 GMT]

Posted on 20 Nov 2009 16:27:08 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Nov 2009 16:28:32 GMT
The_KFD_Case says:
Ignore the apologists like this "Meadows" figure who seems happy to bend over and let the companies ream him/her for a measly 5-8 hour single player campaign with a crippled PC multi-player function that has taken a massive step backwards by using 10 year old internet gaming setups. Despite what IW and Activision may claim, this is hardly in the best interest of the PC gamers and it certainly doesn't offer an even playing field for PC gamers as the host PC will always have a superior connection than those whom are hosted by it; in other words: the host player will have better ping rates than any other player could ever hope to achieve. This sort of lame setup was abandoned a decade ago and with good reason. This latest ploy is likely done in the interest of the companies so as to more tightly control what you get, when you get it and to ensure that you have to pay for new maps, etc.

Avoid this turd of a game at all costs unless you get it free of charge or below 15.00 quid! It's not worth more than that. Oh! And stay away from second hand PC copies. In order to play this game you have to register it with Steamworks which means that second hand copies are effectively worthless. Stopping piracy my ass! This about destroying the second hand market. The pirates already have a cracked version up and running online.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2009 11:43:00 GMT
M. Meadows says:
I've played 62 hours of Multiplayer now, I'm up to Prestige 1 lvl 12.

I haven't had any problems with multiplayer, playing alone or with up to 8 friends (normally its 5 - 6 friends) and none of us have trouble with pings. We're a group of players from England going across europe to Finland, so fairly spread out. I can think of only one time where as a group we've decided to leave the server because of lag.

The multiplayer has flaws. Not saying it doesn't, and I never will claim that either. But crippled? No, it isn't. It's 100% playable and the 100k+ pc players you'll see playing over the weekend is easy proof of this. Just a pity the vocal few people whining like yourself are putting off other gamers from something as fun as MW2.

Posted on 28 Nov 2009 13:49:01 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Nov 2009 13:49:58 GMT
"Just a pity the vocal few people whining"

I wouldn't call a huge quantity of people complaining all over the net "the vocal few". This release is an utter, farcical disgrace.

People should quite rightly be warned about the pro's and the con's before they part company with their money.

I'm always amongst the first to highly praise a great product, but also to lambaste one which is poor... which this release clearly is.

Therefore my advice would simply be not to buy it, or wait until they release it to the "budget" range, whereupon it will be patched fully and won't require Steam to play it straight from the disk.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Feb 2010 14:13:57 GMT
LeEcHeR says:
quote "Ignore the whiners, get it and try it for yourself and you won't be dissapointed"

oh yes you will, this game is full of hackers, iwnet is bloody useless as is IW for creating this epic FAIL.

Posted on 26 May 2010 20:47:42 BDT
J.Y says:
Haha Lean is the least of pc gamers problems. Having to play single player ONLINE is my single biggest gripe at the moment.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  10 Nov 2009
Latest post:  26 May 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC DVD)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC DVD) by Activision (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
2.8 out of 5 stars   (458)