I need to find something as addictive as twilight !

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 91 posts in this discussion
Posted on 20 Sep 2009 12:01:30 BDT
Elle L says:
The closest book/s to Twilight i read is Evernight by Claudia Gray (sequel just came out Stargazer). Vampire Academy is aftter. Nightworld LJ Smith. Also the little Goddess series by Amy Lane ~(though NOT YA).
For adult stuff, very addictive: Black Dagger Brotherhood, psy-Changeling series, the Darkyn series, Midnight Breed, Lords of the underworld, Immortals after dark, Demonica novels by L Ione and the Alien Huntress series to name a few. Enjoy!

Posted on 27 Sep 2009 19:45:44 BDT
Tessa says:
Not all of these have vampires and werewolves, but they do have romance and fantasy and adventure. I've loved them for years and kept the books always.
Song of the Lioness quartet by Tamora Pierce
Immortals quartet by Tamora Pierce (especially enjoyable.)
Wicca series by Cate Tiernan
Bitten, and Stolen, by Kelley Armstrong. Also, Living with the Dead was very good.
Nightworld series by L J Smith (meets all your required categories.)
Shapeshifter series by Ali Sparkes also excellent.
Beautiful Dead
Percy Jackson series was also excellent, I've just finished The Last Olympian and had to re-read it because it was so good.

Posted on 28 Sep 2009 17:10:06 BDT
T. Wilmott says:
try J.R.Wards series, black dagger brotherhood, so much better twilight. Or Sherrilyn Kenyon's series Dark Hunter, these are really good reads and there are alot of books in each series.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Sep 2009 18:25:01 BDT
N. Wyatt says:
I agree the House of Night novels are deffinatly worth the read!!! I am a big fan of twilight and when i finished the series i wanted other books just as addictive!

I have just started reading the Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine. I have just finished book one and am now trying to find a cheap version of book 2! It was very addictive although if you like vampires being the good guys i wouldn't recomend it! well worth the read!

Posted on 22 Oct 2009 20:47:11 BDT
mwahahaha says:
I completely agree about the Tales of the Otori series, no vampires unfortunately but sooo romantic and sad, I cried my way through Brilliance of the moon.
I have the read the first four House of Night novels, and they have quite a good storyline but (I think someone else said this) are really fairly badly written, worth a read but nothing on twilight.
I know they are aimed at much younger teens, but I still love the His Dark Materials trilogy. The amber spyglass is one of my all time favourite books!

Posted on 30 Oct 2009 10:18:35 GMT
D. Shaw says:
Again, not a story about Vampires, look up 'THE HUNGER GAMES' (LINK BELOW) Brilliant Trilogy, which dare i say is as good as 'Twilight'
(runs for cover) :o/

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)

Posted on 30 Oct 2009 11:16:47 GMT
Cullen Fan says:
I have read:
The Vampire Diaries series
The Vampire Academy series
The Mortal Instruments series
Hunger Games
House of Night Series

Although i don't any of these have captured me as much as the twilight saga - Vampire Academy, Hunger Games and the Mortal Instruments Series are really, really good.

Posted on 2 Nov 2009 00:29:37 GMT
Definitely try SHIVER by Maggie Stiefvater. It was the first book since Twilight that I really enjoyed. Extremely well written and there are a further two books in this series to satisfy the reader. A beautiful love story with a few werewolves thrown in for good measure!

Posted on 4 Nov 2009 22:20:42 GMT
Sian says:
Really quite raunchy but plenty of vampires and werewolves

Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, Book 1)

Posted on 5 Nov 2009 07:47:04 GMT
Neelix Lee says:
Hi, How about Karen Marie Moning Fae series of books plenty of action, the romance is building up in the last book.

Neelix Lee
xoxo

Posted on 10 Nov 2009 21:44:03 GMT
Sam Hammett says:
I can't believe no-ones mentioned them but Laurell K Hamilton's Anita Blake series, you won't be able to put them down.

Posted on 11 Nov 2009 19:21:41 GMT
Try Shiver, I thought it was better than twilight and its all about werewolves. I also loved The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy) and stephenie meyer recommends it. It takes a while to get into but its incredible.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2009 22:45:42 GMT
S. Harrower says:
Hi, the Prowler series by Christopher Golden is terrific - werewolves especially and a blossoming romance too - unputdownable!
Susan

Posted on 2 Dec 2009 13:10:53 GMT
Last edited by the author on 2 Dec 2009 13:17:20 GMT
D. M. Keith says:
I have just started reading a book called Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatric.I have only read about half of it and its great, people have said its too much like the twilight saga but i dont really think so. its the only one in the series so far but theres a second one to be released soon. Great Read.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2010 09:31:20 GMT
read the ''true blood'' books by charlaine harris

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2010 09:33:22 GMT
read TRUE BLOOD ''charlaine harris''

Posted on 2 Mar 2010 18:48:00 GMT
Malorie Blackman's 'Noughts and Crosses' series is addictive.

Did anyone read Host? I am hoping that'll be as intriguing as Twilight.

Posted on 5 Mar 2010 19:28:54 GMT
Another one that isn't vampires/werewolves, but you should try Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr, the first in a quartet that isn't yet completed. It involves dark faeries and such with some romance thrown in there. Was so glad someone else on here mentioned the song of the lioness books too- excellent reading when I was still a wee one.

Posted on 11 Mar 2010 12:27:10 GMT
Cullen Fan says:
I've just finished the Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward - they are a must read - fab books.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Mar 2010 10:28:33 GMT
read the vampire academy series,, i cant wait till they send me the next 1

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Mar 2010 07:27:00 GMT
Kelli Rapson says:
Try the Blue Bloods series, the Darke Academy series and The Immortals series, they're all really good I'm getting addicted to them. Oh and Hush, hush it's amazing!

Posted on 21 Mar 2010 01:29:50 GMT
Gypsy Boy: One Boy's Struggle to Escape from a Secret World
100% without a doubt, GYPSY BOY BY MIKEY WALSH....
the absolute best book i have read in a long time, and i mean years...
incredible, hilarious, heartbreaking, beautiful and, number one sunday times best seller this week.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Mar 2010 13:25:44 GMT
Elle L says:
Ok there are different avenues after Twi:
YA fiction and very much like Twilight in gothic romanticism and atmosphere are: Fallen, Evernight (series of 2), Evermore, Strange Angels, Vampire Academy, House of Night series, Shiver, Hush Hush, Morganville Vampires, The Mortal Instruments trilogy. Romantic, adventure, great heroes, great love.
Books with a slightly different YA twist (more fast action, less romance, but gripping and great) are: The Hunger Games (amazing action), Uglies-Pretties-Specials-Extras (sci fi) .
If you are tired of YA, something in the middle between YA and paranormal romance, are The Graceling, Fire and the amazing Dark Kind series (Blood Tears, Blood Lament, Blood ALliance), just finished reading them, breathtaking. Better writing than other categories, more history, incredible plot weaving, heart filling stories.
For adult fiction i would suggest anything by JR Ward, S. Kenyon, Showalter, L. Ione. Dark, broody, hot sex, alpha males vampires, its all there.
For a comic relief series with paranormal elements, C. Harris Sookie Stackhouse. Also the Argenau Vampires, LSparks.
Happy readings!!

Posted on 25 Mar 2010 14:54:04 GMT
if your looking for vampire action and romance, i recommend the vampire academy series. its full of forbidden love and there are also some twists. i couldnt put them down and finished each book within about 4 days (which is amazing for me)!!! i have just finished reading book #4 and am waiting for #5 to come out soon. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Posted on 26 Mar 2010 15:00:15 GMT
I have just finished Hush, Hush and loved it!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  79
Total posts:  91
Initial post:  15 Jun 2009
Latest post:  28 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Twilight (Twilight Saga)
Twilight (Twilight Saga) by Stephenie Meyer (Audio CD - 16 Dec 2008)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (1,647)