I need to find something as addictive as twilight !

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 91 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Jun 2009 21:12:00 BDT
wallace says:
Hey Im 17 and want 2 no if there are books out there that invole vampires, werwolves and a good romance thrown in ! Please !?!

Posted on 1 Jul 2009 12:59:41 BDT
read P C and Kristin Casts books. Took a bit to get into book 1 but I am now a big fan and have read all 5 - am waiting now for number 6 - couldn't put then down - Carol

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jul 2009 17:37:11 BDT
C. Cross says:
The Vampire Diaries are quite a good read and so are the nightworld books by L J Smith.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jul 2009 13:22:00 BDT
not vampires and werewolves - but teen nujutsu with kick-ass heroine if you're interested? new book out this week - Hattori Hachi: The Revenge of Praying Mantis. Full of action and adventure with a great female lead. Check out the website - www.hattorihachi.com - if you like it, please post a review and tell your friends!

Posted on 9 Jul 2009 16:17:22 BDT
Hey im 21 just turn and i say
Defo read the House of night novels bt P.C and Kristin cast.... i brought all 6 books and read them in 2 days truely an amazing series to read after twilight and even more highly addictive even though i agree with Carol the 1st book does take about half way in till your hook but that basical coz there is alot of explainin to do about it and the love side of this series is amazing well its just amazing lol and more realitic then just the whole findin your soulmate and facing what comes at you

i also brought and not read yet the Noughts and crosses trilogy, the vampire acamedy series and the mortal instruments trilogy aswel
iav also been told by a friend to buy the Dark hunter Series which is like 25 books :S lol

hopefully this will help you coz i was the same after i read the twilight saga in may - Nadine

Posted on 9 Jul 2009 18:56:06 BDT
Hey Why not try the Percy Jackson series, Stephenie mayer said to read them on her website. All about greek gods very good

Posted on 17 Jul 2009 20:41:29 BDT
Em says:
I read a couple of the House of Night books when I was 17, (18 now though Looool, not much of a difference, I know) and I thought they were a bit childish, and a 'teen' read to be honest (more like 14, rather than 17, which I would consider an adult). In my opinion, besides the first book, a bit boring compared to the Twilight Saga.
Try books by Kresley Cole, Kelley Armstrong, Rachel Caine (Rachel's books are for slightly younger teens than 17, but just so gripping and good! ^^) oh and JR Ward, and perhaps Gena Showalter, OOOH and Sherrilyn Kenyon, her books are SO SO good.
(These books DO include romance but have a few rather um.. 18+ scenes, if you get what I mean, but hey that just adds to the story! Heh heh. ;p)
So go, buy the books and be happy! ;P

Posted on 23 Jul 2009 18:46:33 BDT
Mahin says:
I'm a huge vampire romance/action fan and loved the twilight series. After them I tried the Vampire Academy and they were SOOO good! Romance, action, magic, an original new plot and some kicka**heroes+heroines...WOW! I'm dyinng to read the 4th book. Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampires are really fub as well, especially book 2 upwards. Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare are a good blend of all fantasy creatures, so they are very brilliant as well. House of Night are very different especially the magic and vamps there are freakingly superb! Night World series are soooooooooo RoMaNtIc and sweet cause of the soulmate principle and everthing...
If you like older teen stories as in 18+ and all, then Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters and Lara Adrians Midnght Breed series are the best, really.
Hope I was helpful and that you enjoy all these series...
Happy Reading,
Mahin:D)

Posted on 30 Jul 2009 18:53:41 BDT
White Witch says:
Stonewyde series by Kit Berry - not about vampires but dark and very satisfying too.

Posted on 8 Aug 2009 17:05:24 BDT
Shelly says:
The Sookie Stackhouse novels, by Charlaine Harris, theres also the new tv show TrueBlood based on them. I second the Kelley Armstrong suggestion, they're really good, it starts with 'Bitten'. Also, Laurell K. Hamiltons' Anita Blake series, and her other is very good though its about fairies not vampires. To be warned Laurell is A LOT more sexual than twilight.. as is Kelley Armstrong but not as much. Sookie is tame, but better than twilight. Hope this is useful.

Posted on 8 Aug 2009 22:00:15 BDT
Pewter Wolf says:
"The Mortal Instruments" by Cassandra Clare (City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass) I found dangerously addictive when I discover them a month or so ago so suggest them. Also, the Hunger Games by Suzanna Collins - would suggest that too. The sequel, Catching Fire, is coming out next month - it's not vampires, but still it's well worth it!

Posted on 9 Aug 2009 01:52:24 BDT
D. J. Collis says:
Again, not a story about Vampires but I loved Twilight so perhaps you'll like the same as me...try Lian Hearn's Otori Triology (although there are actually 5 books altogether) - 'Across the Nightingale Floor', 'Grass for his Pillow', 'Brilliance of the Moon', 'Harsh Cry of the Heron' (extended epilogue) and 'Heaven's Net is Wide' (prequel) xx

Posted on 11 Aug 2009 18:12:03 BDT
A. Bradford says:
read all the house of night seriesd and they're a bit repetitive and the style isn't really what i like but i enjoyed the LJ smith night world books and i love percy jackson atm! its really young but its something to read. the Luxe novels are brilliant, even though they have nothing to do with vampires etc but i just thought i'd mention them.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2009 19:44:32 BDT
Mittz says:
Hi, you should try the Morganville Vampire Series - just what you need after finishing the Twilight series and there are quite a few books in the Morganville Series to keep you going. They have a good storyline; excellent likeable characters and romance too!

Posted on 12 Aug 2009 14:42:27 BDT
Hi, the Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare is brilliant, i would definitely recommend the books if you are into fantasy books as there is a good mix of vampires, werewolves, demons, everything!

Posted on 20 Aug 2009 12:32:09 BDT
jaimes moran says:
nevermind books try tv series being human,moonlight,and others on channel vergin 1

Posted on 24 Aug 2009 09:41:12 BDT
Fi says:
The House of Night books are good stories let down by REALLY poor writing. I would reccommend the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs: Mercy is a shapeshifter who becomes embroiled in the doings of werewolves, vampires and fae...much better written. And for vampire humour you can't beat Mary Janice Davidson's Undead series!

Posted on 7 Sep 2009 15:32:03 BDT
Crazychick says:
Look out for Bluebell Cottage by new British author Heather M. J. L. Watson to be released next year! I've been lucky enough to have read a test copy and I can tell you it is exactly the book we Twilighters need to fill the hole left behind. I think you can actually pre-order it on Amazon so take a look. I became a fan of the author on facebook and you can read the synopsis on there.Bluebell Cottage

Posted on 7 Sep 2009 19:43:34 BDT
M. Salem says:
try the sookie stackhouse novels by charlaine harris

Posted on 10 Sep 2009 09:08:07 BDT
hayleigh says:
i agree loved sookie stackhouse awesome books also mercey thompson by patricia briggs are good
another fab book is ilona andrews books magic bites, magic burns, magic strikes get reading you will love them

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Sep 2009 14:54:11 BDT
Hi, as you are 17 I will ask you if you have watched the Buffy series! Phenomenal and will not disappoint in all of the areas you have asked for. Happy viewing!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Sep 2009 20:28:11 BDT
hi try mortal instruments, 3 books very good by cassandra clare

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Sep 2009 21:31:20 BDT
Herbie says:
Try Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris or even Evernight & Stargazer by Claudia Gray!

Posted on 19 Sep 2009 02:34:44 BDT
Madiha Nasir says:
hmmm u might like scott westerfields books there are 4 in the series titled
uglies
pretties
specials
extras

its scifi if u like that but nothing about vampires and werewolves but u will love it

Posted on 19 Sep 2009 17:50:02 BDT
Last edited by the author on 19 Sep 2009 17:50:37 BDT
I couldn`t agree more strongly with the charlaine harris 'Sookie Stackhouse' recommendations. So much better than twilight series and thus far there is 9 in the series!! Amazingly well written and totally addictive!! happy reading xx
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  79
Total posts:  91
Initial post:  15 Jun 2009
Latest post:  28 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Twilight (Twilight Saga)
Twilight (Twilight Saga) by Stephenie Meyer (Audio CD - 16 Dec. 2008)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (1,745)