need a new book after twilight saga

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Jun 2009 15:10:43 BDT
G. Vickers says:
i loved the twilight books but i love big books that take longer than 1 day to read so need help finding a big, juicy fiction book. ive read the house of night books but find they arent in depth enough for me. please help x

Posted on 27 Jun 2009 18:53:56 BDT
Rutabega says:
Suggestions: Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie is lovely and for adult readers. "Graceling" by Kristin Cashore is for a younger reader--teens-- and is more complex than Twilight series.

Posted on 5 Jul 2009 19:30:13 BDT
Try Freda Warringtons ~ A taste of blood wine, A dance in blood velvet and The dark blood of poppies, there great vampire books, and Dark Cathedral is a great book aswell not about vampires but one of my fav books.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jul 2009 13:18:54 BDT
new book out this week - Hattori Hachi: The Revenge of Praying Mantis. Full of action and adventure with a great female lead. Check out the website - www.hattorihachi.com - if you like it, please post a review and tell your friends!

Posted on 8 Jul 2009 14:40:59 BDT
I just read one called A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whilcomb. It was great, like Twilight but with ghosts!!!!! Also if you want more vampire stuff a book called Let the Right One In is very good, Twilight but more violent!!!!!

Posted on 14 Jul 2009 09:25:47 BDT
C. Lesniak says:
If you want a grown up version of Twilight, check out Anne Rice.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jul 2009 14:56:41 BDT
Joe Fawley says:
Try The Magic Scales by Sam Wilding. 336 pages and a great yarn. I read it in 2 days, though.

Posted on 19 Jul 2009 20:17:17 BDT
Scary Carey says:
A certain slant of light is a fantastic book, also i have just read Need by Carrie Jones, its like Twilight but with pixies, i have also just read Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr that was a good read, the best thing is to check what Amazon recommends for you, i have enjoyed every book that they have recommended.

Posted on 22 Jul 2009 13:57:29 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Jul 2009 13:58:22 BDT
Charlaine Harris "Sookie Stackhouse" series is a good one to try next as is Kim Harrison's " The Hollows" series

Posted on 3 Aug 2009 15:38:14 BDT
Ballantine says:
LJ Smith's NightWorld series. You'll see just where SMeyers stole a lot of ideas from.

Posted on 3 Aug 2009 16:17:47 BDT
Ann Maxwell says:
Try No.1 Chesterfield Square by Nick Jones. Fabulous read. Expansive plot, sprawling cross-class saga,totally engrossing.

Posted on 7 Aug 2009 22:43:51 BDT
Has anyone read Evernight by Claudia Grey? it was mentioned somewhere as a to-read-after-Twilight-book, but I am not sure if it's any good!

Posted on 13 Aug 2009 12:38:15 BDT
never find a series of books as good as the twilight saga, ive just finished them and im struggling to concentrate on any other book! im finding them all boring compared to twilight!!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2009 20:14:54 BDT
well i know its only one book but why not read her other book "host" just to take your mind off the time i got lost in it from the first page....i hope this helps. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Aug 2009 13:31:11 BDT
I agree! Even those books I read and loved before reading the saga are boring now. Something about the saga just grips you through all 4 books. The only thing that has come close is The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - 3 books in total (City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass). They were brilliant and I would read them again. I just finished the last one City of Glass last night, and started Twilight again today!

Posted on 19 Aug 2009 12:21:41 BDT
Nerdy Nannie says:
Anne Rice - The Vampire Lestat.
Very Compelling and a good one to start with. Some of her later works are a bit of an aquired taste.....no pun intended!

Posted on 21 Aug 2009 11:15:05 BDT
L. Cook says:
try Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely. It is a paranormal love story with faries and is very good. I prefered it to the Twilight books, as it is has a lot more original concepts. It's part of a series and followed by Ink Exchange and Fragile Eternity.
Other good ones are:
Kim Harrison's Hollow Series
Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire Series.
Paranormal Romance wise there's Christine Feehan's Carpathian Series.
There are a lot of books out there featuring the same themes which are in my opinion vastly superior to Twilight. Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoyed the Twilight books but there are some very decent ones out there which are more original then the Twilight Saga.

Posted on 22 Aug 2009 11:04:45 BDT
Fi says:
I thoroughly reccommend Patricia Briggs: Moon Called, Blood Bound, Iron Crossed and Bone Crossed. They beat the Twilight series hands down as the characters are all interesting rather than annoying(!)and the plots are tight and intelligent. They have werewolves, vampires and fae and are a superb read - I really look forward to the next one xxx

Posted on 24 Aug 2009 01:06:20 BDT
P.H.S says:
black magician trlogy by trudicannavan, nice biggish books. or the old kingdom trilogy by garth nix.also brisinger is big

Posted on 4 Sep 2009 21:49:51 BDT
deffo the black magician trilogy. Then the sequel age of the five trilogy and she has brought out another, the magicians apprentice. (also working on another sequel trilogy). absolutley brilliant reads! I bought mine used off amazon and all 7 books plus p

Posted on 15 Oct 2009 15:00:22 BDT
Try Maria V Snyder's Poison Study - it's the first book in her Study series. If you liked Twilight, you can't fail to love this series!

Posted on 9 Nov 2009 21:28:31 GMT
summer says:
I have read S Meyers The Host, fantastic book, keeps you on the edge of your seat. Read it twice and it only gets better. Had me in tears towards the end.

Posted on 30 Nov 2009 16:26:03 GMT
The Book Bug says:
City of Bones (Mortal Instruments)- a bit longer than Twilight, but it is very fast, and better than Twilight in my humble opinion
His Dark Materials Boxed set: "Northern Lights", "The Subtle Knife", "The Amber Spyglass"-Long, and complex
Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment- Fang beats Edward, full stop. Max is better than Bella, well much less moany.
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)- Hard hitting, wow.

Posted on 11 Dec 2009 15:19:26 GMT
S. P. West says:
FALLEN by Lauren Kate, just out, is getting some great reactions from Twighlight fans Fallen

Posted on 30 Dec 2009 12:42:25 GMT
HakunaMatata says:
i totally loved the twilight series...ive read it 14 times.... and really didnt think anything could better it.....then i started reading the black dagger brotherhood series by jr ward it is amazing, but adults only they are extremely detailed books.the black dagger brothers would have edward and jacob for b/fast lol ,highly recommended series and action packed.cant wait for the new one in a few mths, also try lords of the underworld by gena showalter not very long books but full of action :o)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  31
Total posts:  33
Initial post:  27 Jun 2009
Latest post:  14 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Breaking Dawn Special Edition (Twilight Saga) (The Twilight Saga)
Breaking Dawn Special Edition (Twilight Saga) (The Twilight Saga) by Stephenie Meyer (Hardcover - 4 Aug. 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (1,599)