Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Sep 2010 10:05:16 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Sep 2010 10:06:16 BDT
spook09 says:
great to see this back and re-vamped from PS2 as it was great fun then, but does anybody know if it is also multiplayer offline?

Posted on 17 Nov 2010 12:08:13 GMT
D. Rees says:
No, it doesn't. Apparently Criterion hit back at complainers saying "we invented online multiplayer to replace that".

Nonsense - I'm not buying the game because of this. The majority of my NFS Underground 1 & 2 playing time was against others on offline multiplayer.

Posted on 17 Nov 2010 12:29:55 GMT
Last edited by the author on 17 Nov 2010 12:46:32 GMT
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeaat!!! I was really looking foward to this! Now that i know that it doesn´t have offline multiplayer it's a no buy for me! Thank's Criterion, "you really invented the online"!

It's a shame that game developers don't care about people who can't play online or for some reason dont have access to internet on their consoles or pc's.

It's really disapointing that we aren't able to play this game with family or friends

Shame on you Criterion...

Not everyone in the world are rich enough to buy 2 games, 2 consoles and 2 tv's! Really thank's alot!

God damn it!

Maybe i go for the split second, it's really fun and contains that litle thing "not important" called split screen!

Kind regards

Posted on 19 Nov 2010 16:16:09 GMT
You're not the only one who was really looking forward to this game Bruno! I think it's a tragedy that so many modern games now are neglecting good old-fashioned splitscreen multiplayer play. For an arcade driving game such as this it's absolutely shocking!

I've heard lots about how game designers are opting out of offline multiplayer because to make it run smoothly the graphics have to be dumbed down slightly. Well I'm sure I speak for quite a few people out there, who perhaps just enjoy a casual race or 2 against a mate on the same console, when I say well then just dumb down the graphics a little for splitscreen! Nobody will complain if the graphics look a little rough around the edges when they're blasting along with a friend or 3. And anyway, these next-gen consoles are powerful things...I'm sure they can cope with it - the PS2 certainly could.

Online multiplayer has its place, and at times it can be fantastic fun. I don't think it's a case of people not having internet who want to play online - that's a rarity nowadays. It's just as a social event with a few of your friends, you don't want to be watching each other racing some random people you've never met from all over the world! You all want to get involved and shoot (in the case of FPSs) the s**t out of each other, or for driving games skin your mates on the track.

A simple cops n' robbers car chase in splitscreen with a pal on Hot Pursuit would've been awesome. It's a real shame.

Posted on 19 Nov 2010 18:44:51 GMT
Last edited by the author on 19 Nov 2010 18:45:17 GMT
D. Rees says:
Nicely put. Wipeout HD, while not on wheels, is one of the best looking racing games on the PS3 and it has and runs splitscreen perfectly. Yes, a noticeable framerate drop compared to single player, but still perfectly playable.

Posted on 19 Nov 2010 20:24:12 GMT
spook09 says:
hmm, good replies.........great shame about no offline multiplayer though as this was always fun late at night on split screen madness! :(

Posted on 22 Nov 2010 08:46:39 GMT
I still can't believe that it hasn't split screen... Really disapointing... "oh mate let's go for a ride in hot pursuit! Oh yeah, but one at time =S!"

Really really nice! "Look, i've beaten your time!" Cool now let me try alone beat your time again...

Only bad words came into my mind to say about this situation... The game could be awsome, but without splitscreen 80% of fun goes down... it's a shame

Posted on 22 Nov 2010 10:04:45 GMT
You're so right Bruno. I haven't actually played the game so I couldn't offer a review, but looking at the videos and reading the reviews it looks like a real blast...but for how long? I'd get shot down if I said it in a review no doubt, but what happens when you get used to the courses, the stunning scenery, the computer AI? Well then you go online I guess - beat a few times and very quickly get bored of that I'd bet.

So then you have a mate over and you look for a multiplayer driving game that's fun and accessible, because even Call of Duty can't give you a splitscreen game with bots! (unless Black Ops can, I don't know about that). But anyway, to do that you have to crack the PS2 out and put Burnout Revenge on.

Not a bad thing in it's on right, great game in my opinion and so much fun to play with a friend. But even the latest Burnout on PS3 didn't have a proper splitscreen race! It's madness. Shouldn't we be questioning what the future for offline multiplayer is when so many people are turning back to their PS2s or even that little gem the N64 to get a good splitscreen multiplayer bash!?

Long live Goldeneye then....

Posted on 22 Nov 2010 12:46:51 GMT
That right about that Lens! It's like: i was so hyped about this game and i've played the demo and it was great! It seemed a very good game, with great presentation, great gameplay, stuning cars, fantastic enviroment and the colitions were awesome and, notice that despite my disapoint, i actually have the chance to play online, altough not everyone can! And i can say more, i'm really adcited to some online games like mw2, fifa, uncharted 2, motorstorm pacific rift (if you remember, this one here was one of the greatest games in ps3) and... had the possibility to "only" 4 players in split screen... probably i'll end up buyng the game, because it's actualy a very good one in his genre but... come on!!!!! No split??? what the hack????

Prevously systems were less powerfull than nowaday's systems and yet, they had it (SS) so do not tell me they aren't powerfull enough to do a good split screen...

It's just sad i can't play with my son, or friend or cousin or father or who the hell be...

Greatings
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x11699fcc)

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  12 Sep 2010
Latest post:  22 Nov 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3)
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3) by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (117)