Customer Discussions > Wuthering Heights (2009) [DVD] forum

The most accurate film of Wuthering Heights is ... ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Sep 2009 09:05:23 BDT
Steve says:
Having been most impressed by this ITV production, I wonder if those of you better acquainted with the novel than I could say which, of the many TV and film versions now made, is the most accurate representation of Emily Bronte's original novel?

Posted on 1 Sep 2009 18:56:33 BDT
Skeadugenga says:
None of them are perfect, but the Merle Oberon/Laurence Olivier version is the closest to the book and is the best production that I've seen.

K

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Sep 2009 22:16:03 BDT
I must admit that I don't know how you can say that the Olivier 'Wuthering Heights' is the closest to the book as half of the story is missing. In fact, it is probably least like the book than any other version I have seen and I've seen at least four versions. I also felt that Merle Oberon was a little too cold emotionally to play Cathy.

Posted on 25 Mar 2010 13:37:05 GMT
Last edited by the author on 25 Mar 2010 13:37:47 GMT
R. Garside says:
BBC's 1978 Wuthering Heights - BBC [DVDis the closest in script to the novel, though the acting leaves a little to be desired.
The next closest is 1998 ITV productionWuthering Heights [DVD] [1999, which I found the most enjoyable and believable, even if Cathy and Heathcliff are a little too old to play teenagers at the beginning.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  1 Sep 2009
Latest post:  25 Mar 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Wuthering Heights [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Wuthering Heights [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (115)