Customer Discussions > The Beatles In Mono forum

Is the UK mono boxset also numbered and limited to 10,000 units?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Aug 2009 00:51:08 BDT
Emilio Saenz says:
Does anybody know if the UK mono boxset is also numbered and limited edition as the US version?

In Amazon US they are sold out of the boxset! Does it mean that it is more valuable to have the US boxset?

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Aug 2009 22:04:35 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 24 Aug 2009 22:17:41 BDT]

Posted on 26 Aug 2009 10:26:10 BDT
S. Hampson says:
There is no confirmation that the US box set is numbered - some websites confirm that it is, others don't. EMI haven't confirmed either way. For more info check out the discussions on Amazon.com. The US and UK box sets will be identical - I doubt very much either will be numbered.

Posted on 27 Aug 2009 01:44:10 BDT
Neil Hume says:
Amazon Canada just sold out as well.It says they're limited but no mention of them being numbered.

Posted on 28 Aug 2009 23:52:58 BDT
Emilio Saenz says:
Dear Beatle Fans,

Here is a nice video on how the box sets will look like, the stereo box set looks awesome!!

Enjoy!!

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/first-look-the-beatles-remastered-catalogue-217747

Posted on 2 Sep 2009 00:02:42 BDT
N. White says:
I don't know about the UK but Australia has been limited to 400 mono box sets. unbelievable!

Posted on 6 Sep 2009 16:23:19 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 6 Sep 2009 16:23:28 BDT]

Posted on 12 Sep 2009 20:30:42 BDT
I wonder if the limited edition claim is a sales ploy to push people into buying them, thinking thet're getting something of increasing value. It does happen. They could be on sale for the next 20 years, sell 10 million box sets and then stop making them. Then it would be a limited edition of 10 million. Just a thought.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2009 15:14:40 BDT
DAVE HORN says:
My mono box set (hence presumably all the GB issue) has no limited numbering. If the rumours that it was limited to 10,000 units were true then I would expect it to be numbered as such. Since, after being slated to sell out completely with advance orders, it is still in stock every where, it appears that as many units as can be sold are being pressed, with no upper limit whatsoever.

I suppose that by its nature an edition with a unique number from 1 to 10,000 would be more valuable to a collector.

Posted on 16 Sep 2009 15:27:43 BDT
DAVE HORN says:
Oh and don't forget all the low numbered copies of The White Album that turned up over the years hinting that even stuff advertised as limited and numbered might not be what it seems. Yes, I would go with it being a marketing tactic to sell more boxes. As a GB Beatles fan with some original mono vinyl pressings, especially a US copy of "Magical Mystery Tour" I still had to buy one of each box of course. Nearly 200 - bah humbug. That said they do look very nice and what I've played so far sounds brilliant. In the mono box The White Album even comes with the 4 loose photos that were in the original mono and stereo vinyl but the stereo CD has the photos printed on the inside of the gatefold sleeve.

Posted on 21 Sep 2009 17:47:05 BDT
Quiverbow says:
The mono version of 'The Beatles' also has the photos printed on the inside cover, but doesn't have the four alternate photos that the stereo version has on the slip case. What I do find strange is that the lyrics are also printed on the booklet as well as the poster.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2009 13:18:11 BDT
Red Lester says:
I have got the Mono Box set from the USA and it is not numbered.

Posted on 17 Oct 2009 03:16:51 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 Oct 2009 03:25:14 BDT
P. Trueman says:
I'm sure an edition with a unique number between 1 and 10,000 would be of no particular value whatsoever: these so-called limited editions are always limited to a quanitity known to be far in excess of the maximimum likely public demand. A limited eidtion of 10,000 has no merit if you only have 9,000 buyers. They'll probably still be selling these box sets off a decade from now and no doubt when they need some more they'll simply press some more, just as they have always done in the music business. This issue could be limited to 10,000 copies but you can create a re-issue. Often the reissue is far rarer than the original one. If you plan to live two thousand years or more then this box set might be of some real monetary value by then since your copy could be the only one left in existence. I love to collect things myself but I try not be be under any illusions about it. Enjoy the music and forget about stamp collecting and train spotting: these are pursuits for nerds. This fascination with things that we have is silly. These discs are about the music not the thing it's stored on and the cheap cardboard and plastic boxes they are packaged in. Young people fall for the collectors bug and you grow to regret it by about age 35. You realize that you've squandered your money on one-time must-haves that were just marketting ploys when you could have gone out and got pissed up on a dozen consecutive Friday nights instead. How can you laugh at such memories and say that your piece of plastic and cardboard is worth so much more?lol

Posted on 22 Oct 2009 10:45:52 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Oct 2009 10:50:16 BDT
attention!! beatles mono box is all maide in japan!!

Posted on 27 Oct 2009 12:03:36 GMT
Matt Lewis says:
I have had it confirmed that the Mono box set was produced in Japan and is very similar to the black Led Zeppelin box that was releaseed a short time ago. All the sleeves that are LP replicas and are in the plastic outta sleeves all come from Japan and shipped worldwide. All the editions are the same whether they are for the UK, USA or Australia etc.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Oct 2010 20:07:58 BDT
That is very true mate,and actually quite profound,and well observed,you should write for the music press!respect......daniel
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Beatles In Mono forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  21 Aug 2009
Latest post:  13 Oct 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about