I received this bento box as a gift, and I like it so much, I'm inspired to do my first Amazon product review.
I am not one of those people that has a collection of 50 bento boxes (yet), but I do have a few, and this box solves every design issue I've ever encountered.
* Air-tight and Water-tight: The inner lids fit snugly and I haven't had leakage problems. Mind you, I'm not putting soup in here, but the lid stays on pretty well even when you don't have the elastic band on. That's awesome. The inner lid also keeps the bottom of the top box from touching the food in the bottom box, which I appreciate.
* Microwaveable: It's only good for reheating food (500W max), but this is AMAZING. Other bento boxes are made of such cheap plastic, microwaving them is dangerous. It even has a vent so you can microwave with the lid on.
* Dishwasher safe: I'm too lazy to do the dishes every day. I know this about myself. So I love that I can put this on the top rack.
* Mix-and-matchable: I'm looking forward to buying more things from the company to trick out my new toy (like a silverware set that fits perfectly between the inner lid and upper lid).
* Truth in volume: The lid only goes in a fraction of a millimeter, so you can pack food right up to the rim. No need to eyeball how much will fit just to find that you over-packed when it's time to close it all up.
* I was surprised by how big it was when I received the package. It takes up a little more space in my backpack than I anticipated, but now I think this is a reasonable (and necessary) tradeoff for its capacity.
It's not as compact as some Japanese bento boxes, but frankly, I don't pack my food according to the Japanese rules, so this is probably best for me.
* Each box holds 500ml, so the product as sold here is 1000ml total. According to the charts, I need a 650ml bento box, but I pack less rice and more veggies and fruit, so I appreciate very much that I can get more into this box than my others.
* These boxes are more rectangular than the cheaper long-and-thin 500ml boxes I've come across, which means they're exactly as wide as the gluten-free bread I have to eat. Perfectly. It's so adorable, it almost makes that bread fun to eat.