Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 May 2012 12:08:19 BDT
Gilly says:
Hi I bought the tablet about two weeks ago, and I wanted to attach my memory stick which will attach with the adapter. It is coming up that USB is mounted but its not appearing anywhere on the tablet for me to open my files on the memory stick. Has anyone got any ideas on how to get around this problem. I would much appreciate any help. Thanks Gill

Posted on 14 May 2012 13:02:09 BDT
Bald Paul says:
There is an app called File Manager that comes with the tablet. If you open it up you should see some icons across the top of the screen one of which will be pointing at your USB stick. Click it and you should see your files. You can then Copy and Paste to other areas of your tablet by doing a long press on each file and seeing a menu appear.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 May 2012 19:52:47 BDT
Gilly says:
Thanks for your help Paul I followed your advice and I have managed to open my files. I can now do my work on the tablet instead of having to get the laptop out all the time. Cheers........

Posted on 14 May 2012 20:08:02 BDT
Gilly says:
Thought I could open my files should have checked before posting last comment it is coming up with select the type of file. I am selecting text and its saying web page not available it might be temporarily down or moved address, dont understand as its not a web page I am trying o browse i am trying to open one of my files. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Posted on 14 May 2012 21:01:15 BDT
M. Barber says:
You'll need an office app to open certain file types such as .doc so head to Google Play and search there. Many are free and all will do the job for you

Posted on 14 May 2012 22:24:08 BDT
Bald Paul says:
As M Barber says above, depending on what types of files you are trying to work with you may need a specific application to read and update them. Its just like someone sending you a .doc or .pdf document on a PC and you dont have Word or Adobe Reader to update or read them. If you do have specific file types you want to work with then others on here may be able to advise on recommended apps to use.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012 18:44:14 BDT
Gilly says:
Thank you for your advice if anyone can recommend a free download to open word documents it will be much appreciated. Thanks

Posted on 15 May 2012 19:05:02 BDT
M. Barber says:
Have a look here: http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/235744/the_best_office_alternatives_for_android_tablets.html
or
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Best-office-apps-for-Android_id27223

Kingsoft Office can be downloaded here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cn.wps.moffice_eng&hl=en
It will be sent to your device and will automatically download.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 19:54:23 BDT
Gilly says:
Thanks a lot for your responses. I have downloaded the kingsoft office it works a treat up to now that is.

Posted on 20 May 2012 13:56:59 BDT
O. G. Mari says:
so does the NATPC M009S RTB ULTIMATE run word documents and pdf's as we are thinking about this as an option?

Posted on 20 May 2012 20:37:34 BDT
Bald Paul says:
As long as you download the appropriate software i.e. adobe reader and an office suite all available via google play.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 May 2012 12:06:32 BDT
Andy R says:
As suggested I have downloaded Kingsoft Office, however when I have my tablet connected to the desk top and enable usb connection I expect to be able to explore the files on the desk top via File Manager. But a tip comes up saying it can not find a suitable file manager even though there is an android file manager installed on the delivered tablet. Do I need a second one?

Posted on 26 May 2012 14:01:01 BDT
M. Barber says:
File Manager on works on Android. If you want to view Office files on your computer, then you'll need to buy Microsoft Office for ~£80 or download an open source Office Suite such as LibreOffice or OpenOffice

Posted on 26 May 2012 16:05:25 BDT
DC says:
One possibility would be to the look at using Google Drive. This will allow you to keep documents in sync between the two devices. On the tablet you can set folders to be available to be available off-line (when not connected to the internet).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
NATPC M009S RTB ULTIMATE 7" 16GB Capacitive Android tablet PC - Android 4.0 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)- now with DOUBLE storage (16GB) and DOUBLE system ram (1GB) for ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE - WiFi - Compatible with BBC iPlayer
NATPC M009S RTB ULTIMATE 7" 16GB Capacitive Android tablet PC - Android 4.0 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)- now with DOUBLE storage (16GB) and DOUBLE system ram (1GB) for ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE - WiFi - Compatible with BBC iPlayer by NATPC
3.9 out of 5 stars   (421)