what is the output will it maintain modern vehicle immobiliser and security systems
[UPDATED] asked by eddieedwood on 19 Aug 2014
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
I had it attached to a car battery and put the solar panel in the back window (the battery is in the boot of my car) to keep it topped up whilst the car itself was off the road for a while over summer, so it did its job. I think the double-sized one is better for caravans and larger batteries. Don't have the output to hand though.
Tim C answered on 19 Aug 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Sorry cant give a positive answer, as it depends on the amount and quality of light that will fluctuate on a daily basis, but I have a friend who has one on his vintage BMW which has a modern security system. on the other hand my next door neighbour found that his new car
was factory fitted with a battery that was so undersized it could not support the normal working capacity required .
Mrs Anne Hathaway answered on 20 Aug 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I cant remember the power output that this item states but in answer to your question, this solar panel is very low output and keep a trickle charge going into a 12V 75AHc battery. As an electronic Engineer I would not risk using this device to maintain your immobiliser or security systems. I appreciate that these systems have a very low current draw but still I would not use this product. It is very poor.
FLB answered on 19 Aug 2014
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
0.oo% dont buy rubbish
Malky answered on 19 Aug 2014
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›