Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 Aug 2012 16:41:55 BDT
i've been waiting a full year for the price to drop but no luck??!"! so should i keep waiting? tks.

Posted on 17 Aug 2012 23:01:51 BDT
D. Watson says:
I'm waiting, either 'til the price reflects the fact that it's just 3x 10 year old movies with nothing new added, or they release a bare bones set with just the movies on Bluray. I already have them on DVD, and all the extras too. This set includes the very same extras, and only on DVD, the movies are Bluray, but the extras are the same discs as in the old Platinum DVD box sets. It's a con and I refuse to be conned !

Posted on 15 Dec 2012 11:59:50 GMT
Correction. This is the extended edition with new scenes added. It's not a con and you only buy it if you want. BTW, you do realize that a blu-ray disc has higher definition than a DVD does, don't you?
To me, it was a sure buy for this Christmas. And I had the normal and extended DVD versions too.

Posted on 30 Dec 2012 02:33:33 GMT
After watching The Hobbit last night, i really want to buy these 3 masterpieces on blu-ray. I've already got all 3 movies (Extended Edition) on dvd but blu-ray picture quality is better. I don't care if the extras are not on blu-ray, that doesn't bother me one bit as this is not that important. What is important is that the films are on blu-ray which they are! It would be nice for the price to come down in the January sales but if not, i'm still buying it!

Posted on 5 Jan 2013 00:50:06 GMT
Rob Howard says:
Be careful buying the Extended BluRay 15 disc set. I'm missing disc 12, the part 2 of Return of the King, and have 2 disc 13s instead. I've mailed WB as per a link someone posted on Amazon forum. See what happens, else it'll be a return but no replacement as item is 'under review' due to these problems. Looks like it is quite common for incorrect discs to be shipped.

Posted on 7 Jan 2013 22:26:27 GMT
Dark Moon says:
So this is why the item is under review ?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x11699fcc)

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  11 Aug 2012
Latest post:  7 Jan 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions