xbox live? is ti worth it? wireless or ethernet cable?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 18 Oct 2008 20:14:57 BDT
confused says:
My son wants to subscribe to xbox live. Is it worth it and should we go wireless or use an ethernet cable?

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Nov 2008 16:07:47 GMT
it is worth it if you can use the ethernet cable use it, i use the wireless and it perfect once you get it set up

Posted on 13 Apr 2009 12:58:49 BDT
Deffinetly worth it if you have friends who have it, i have never had so much fun on the xbox, i used to think there was no point of getting online play, seriously get a 3 month as i heard that it may be free soon.

MT

Posted on 16 Jun 2009 21:52:27 BDT
if you can use the etheernet cable, its alot more stable and it is definitely worth it, it works out at about 4 quid a month, not a great deal to ask but it makes the xbox 360 experience complete. basically do get it and use an ethernet cable for better connection

Posted on 20 Jun 2009 22:01:14 BDT
Yes, as others have said use an ethernet cable where possible, it will be at least twice as fast as a typical 54Mbps wireless connection (between console and broadband modem / router) and won't be affected by electrical noise or interference, or when a lorry drives past your house, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jul 2009 13:58:23 BDT
DG says:
Yes its worth it, and use a Ethernet cable if possible. Using the ethernet cable will always provide the best connection possible, unlike wireless which can sometimes lag out a bit.

Posted on 9 Jul 2009 19:13:14 BDT
Its definately worth it, my only warning being that ive just had someone hack my xbox account so am currently waiting for them to retrieve it for me :( could have been rather costly on my debit card had i not spotted the problem straight away. but other than that ive enjoyed live since the 360 was released massively

Posted on 15 Jul 2009 11:11:47 BDT
MR says:
Partly depends on age of your son. If he's mature enough to cope with the hundreds of racist / homophobic / xenophobic idiots that appear to live on xbox life (exclusing the sensible mature users of course, of which there are also many) then playing games online (particulary shooters) can significantly extend the life of many games (I've put in well over 240 hours online on Cod 4. VERY sad I know).

If you're at all concerned about who he hears / speaks to I believe there's options within the live account which can be enabled to ensure he cannot communicate with people he doesn't know and they cannot communicate with him. I only use my headset when playing with people I know well as too often I've become irate with ignorant imbeciles online. Thought you should be aware of downsides too though for c4 per month I personally thinks it's a bargain (and it is VASTLY superior to the PSN on PS3 - I have both so can confirm this).

I use the wireless adapter myself and generally it's pretty good but I can imagine all the comments here re the etehrnet cable are accurate as there's less interference.

Posted on 8 Feb 2012 22:35:07 GMT
if anyone sells xbox 360 for 70 i will get it right away!!!! very desprate to get one for my brother's birthday
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  18 Oct 2008
Latest post:  8 Feb 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Xbox 360 Console (20 GB Hard Drive)
Xbox 360 Console (20 GB Hard Drive) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (480)