"An empowering book ... immediately useful ... Read, use, enjoy and reap the benefits for yourself and others." -- Ruth Morozzo, 'Footnotes' Magazine, 2005
"An invaluable resource... easy to read and understand ... offers much practical help and advice." -- 'Professional Social Work' Magazine, 2005
"Everyone involved in administering personal therapy should read this book." -- Nursing Standard Magazine, 2005
This is the most startling and uplifting book about depression ever written – the ‘essence of hope’.
Griffin and Tyrrell are the foremost teachers of effective psychotherapy for depression in Europe. Without ‘psychobabble’, false sentiment or jargon, they make it easy to understand the causes of depression and why so many of us are so vulnerable to it. More importantly, they describe how to overcome it. Thousands throughout the UK and Ireland have already benefited from their approach. Now you can too.
'How to lift depression [...fast]' shatters many myths. It provides clear guidelines, with case histories, for helping people get out of depression, even those at high risk of committing suicide. Just reading it can raise your mood and put joy, pleasure and meaning back into life, even in the bleakest of circumstances.
ANSWERS VITAL QUESTIONS – MANY NOT TACKLED BEFORE:
– How to get out of depression quickly
– Why depressed people wake up so exhausted
– How worrying and dreaming are linked to depression
– How to make your life meaningful
– What harm antidepressant drugs can do to the brain
– Why postnatal depression can also be lifted quickly
– Why some common forms of counselling and psychotherapy often make depression worse
– How to ‘inoculate’ yourself against depression.