Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Mar 2011 15:11:38 GMT
Balveda says:
Once again more expensive than the print version, what a joke.

Posted on 31 Mar 2011 14:28:55 BDT
Nature of the beast unfortunately, as I believe VAT is paid on electronic books, but not on their "real life" counterparts. I try and mentally offset the occasional extra pound with all the benefits that a Kindle brings: convenience, a huge tome like this one in a manageable size that doesn't fill a suitcase, and the knowledge that I can download the second in the series within a minute of finishing the first one!!

Posted on 21 Apr 2011 14:44:55 BDT
RPG says:
Disappointed that the kindle version doesn't have a map of Westeros - or perhaps i just haven't found it yet? RPG

Posted on 24 Apr 2011 09:50:39 BDT
Chorister says:
If there were a map of Westeros it would be so small you wouldn't be able to read the annotations on the Kindle. There are plenty online for you to print should you want to. Simply put 'map of Westeros' in your search page and bingo! The one I like the best is at:

http://wightsvsdragons.tripod.com/id6.html

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jun 2011 15:29:43 BDT
lottigee says:
Although I probably shouldn't say...I got a copy of this kindle book on e-bay and it has a proper front cover and a map, I assume a USA version or something like it, much cheaper too, why aren't they all the same?

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jun 2011 23:39:32 BDT
S. Officer says:
But then the argument is that the printed version has a similar cost to the e-book version. This is simply not true, printing and binding a book costs money for every book made, while these costs are non-existent for an electronic copy.
I am disappointed because I assumed that publishers would be pushing these savings onto consumers, but instead they are seizing the opportunity to line their own pockets.

Posted on 30 Jul 2011 16:59:42 BDT
It is simply a rip-off and not a good way to treat customers who have invested in the kindle. amazon will learn the hard way that ripping a captive customer base off is the surest way to alienate them and ensure they look for a competitor product from a supplier that values its customer relationships. I resent being taken advantage of. If amazon believe that it is ever OK to rip off loyal customers then they better wake up fast. I hope that someone in amazon reads these comments and realises that once they lose a customer it is likely to be permanent, to put it in plainly - the short term gain of extra profits will be outweighed by the lost future profits when people change away from the kindle to a competitor product. In addition consumer behaviour is such that once trust in a supplier's integrity is lost, it is seldom regained.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  5 Mar 2011
Latest post:  30 Jul 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about