Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

it's short... very short!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Feb 2014 13:14:35 GMT
Mathew Hart says:
http://www.videogames.net.in/metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-new-details-emerge-campaign-extremely-short/

"Konami speedrunners have completed the game in five minutes."

I'd stay away from this.

Posted on 5 Feb 2014 13:28:47 GMT
C. Johns says:
But i'm not going to speed run, what's the point in that?

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Feb 2014 16:54:48 GMT
Last edited by the author on 5 Feb 2014 23:46:50 GMT
Michael says:
I agree take time to explore the game rushing through a game ruins the experience but then again I'm using tokens to get it for free on PS4 so I'm not that bothered that it's 2-4 hours for players who like to explore every thing that's not too bad, and it's like what Konami said when criticized they said flower was the same length and everyone loved that game.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2014 10:49:45 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2014 10:50:35 GMT
James says:
That's not exactly a great come back.

"Hey y'know that motion control game where you play as a flower petal?"
"Well that was only 2-4 hours and you guys bought that!"

True, but flower wasn't £22 and toted as a AAA title. They're abusing your love of the series to money grab. Please see past it.

Posted on 6 Feb 2014 17:19:08 GMT
Wang Chin says:
Please stop forcing your opinion on other consumers. If you're not interested then, that's cool.

I know exactly what I'm getting...A glorified demo. But I'm more than happy to pay the £22 price tag.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2014 17:19:46 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2014 17:46:57 GMT
Michael says:
I thought my comment would confuse people I never said i agreed with their comment it was quite bad of them to say that I just sympathized with Konami whose just trying to hype up MGSV the phantom Pain plus it's actually more of a beta or a Prologue than a triple A title but Apparently their will be side missions that will increase the play time to about 5 hours and like i said if you take your time to experience the game fully it might take about 6 hours, also if you buy MGSV the Phantom pain and have a Ground Zeros save file you'll unlock Exclusive DLC lets not forget that as well there will be a MGS 1 special DLC for Playstation users that should add an hour or two that's what happens when news is not properly reported. Plus I'm getting it for free thanks to amazon vouchers i never would have got the game if i had to pay for it (I had reward points to use on shoptoto get it for free if amazon failed to put the PS4 version up for pre order) even with the extra few hours of side mission content, I did fell sorry for those who are paying this much for a 2-4 hour (should be £20 at most) but after learning this news I'm a little happier for myself and those who choose to pay because this extra content will help heel those wounds and ultimately it's up to them it's no one elses business.

Posted on 6 Feb 2014 20:27:03 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2014 20:27:41 GMT
Ballisticola says:
Let's clarify this a bit. GameInformer only had 4 hours to play it and played an unlocked version (the special mission can only be played after collecting all the XOF patches). They played the main mission twice (the second time skipping the cutscenes) and two other missions.

They used the tagging and reflex system and there is no word on what difficulty it was played on.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2014 20:34:53 GMT
Sebby says:
Metal Gear Solid on the Playstation typically took around 8 to 10 hours but can be speed run in about an hour, for comparisons sake.

To me, it seems like Ground Zero was meant to be part of the full game, but they've decided to do it this way instead to make some money. Probably because they've spent more money than they would of liked to.

Posted on 7 Feb 2014 11:06:22 GMT
Nick says:
This game/demo is less than two hours long.

http://kotaku.com/metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-is-short-really-short-1516004297

Posted on 8 Feb 2014 13:08:08 GMT
Otaku Guy says:
The game is as long as it takes you, as an individual to play it.

Posted on 11 Feb 2014 06:50:45 GMT
Tomsdad says:
Thing is its only £20ish at the moment, and will drop in price pretty quick after that (especially after phantom pain some out). Would it be great to have massive magnum opus every time? Yeah of course, but lets face it this is a bonus game and we should treat it as such. Abstract play though times are always subjective, the format of the game often having more to do with that than designer laziness / studio desire to fleece us.

Posted on 11 Feb 2014 16:50:02 GMT
Michael says:
Well the PS4 version has gone up so i doubt it will get much lower than the £28 i pre ordered it for so i'll be using my amazon tokens to get it for free

Posted on 15 Feb 2014 23:28:08 GMT
C. E. Harmer says:
For Christ's sake... Who in their right minds (particularly if they're a big metal gear fan) is going to want to shoot through it in 2 hours? Apparently if you take your time and appreciate everything the game has to offer you can get around 6 hours out of a playthrough and not unlock everything. Kojima confirmed that if you were to complete it in 2 hours or less you will unlock less than 10% of the content on offer. So many people these days talk about length as if it's some sort of bona fide certified guarantee of quality. In my opinion some of the best games of the PS3 and 360 era where ones that could be completed relatively quickly but had reasons to replay them over and over again. From a lot of the hands on reports of games mags and sites Ground Zeroes only shows everything it has to offer with multiple playthroughs. I for one would much rather complete a relatively short game several times and unlock lots of new content changing the way I play it than play a game with a 20 hour campaign that there isn't much reason to go back to.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Feb 2014 23:37:39 GMT
C. E. Harmer says:
Konami speedrunners? :) I wonder what their sources were when writing this article, sounds a lot like hearsay to me. Why the hell would they have people speed running their games and furthermore why would they try to speedrun a game they know is bound to take flak for being short and then publicize how long it took them or allow that info to be leaked? Are you saying there are people within Konami who want to destroy the company and/or sabotage Ground Zeroes release?. I very much doubt you could complete it in 5 mins. The tutorial will probably take longer than that.

Posted on 17 Feb 2014 21:42:36 GMT
Unknown says:
"Speed run". Let's bare in mind that these guys are testers and so they know the game like the back of their hand and know how to progress through it as fast as possible. Fallout 3 was speed runned in about an hour or two by Bethesda themselves and that game was huge. This isn't taking into account side missions etc so I still think it would be worth it. It's not full price so why complain?.

Posted on 22 Feb 2014 11:27:30 GMT
Josh Mckenna says:
People who have been to Japan recently to play the game, have completed it in 2-4 hours although they have been coming out with 11% completion. There are also side missions to complete and collectables to find. There could also be DLC as in the leaked achievement list, one is to complete all main ops, side ops and extra ops.

Posted on 2 Mar 2014 02:45:07 GMT
wilson93 says:
I think it really depends on the person playing, like take for instance the people who completed it in 2-4 hours where mostly journalists,press etc so they most likely speed ran the game and skipped some or all cutscenes also take into account that they where probably looking for everything wrong with the game so they can report it in there magazines,websites... These news,gaming websites love stirring up controversy. I will most likely enjoy this game like a fine vintage wine and take my take with it. And suck up all it has to offer

Posted on 4 Mar 2014 01:23:32 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Mar 2014 01:26:35 GMT
Tomi Golob says:
let's dispense with the bull and let's agree it's a remarkably short game,speedruns or not... they shouldn't have sold it as a separate game. But this is also the fans' fault. If the fans gorge on everything and dont even try to criticize it, the devs will become greedy and ultimately your so called "love" or being a "true fan" will punish you. So go ahead and buy this demo for almost the price of a full game, it's your choice. But you can't say that you werent told. (just go and see what Assassin's Creed has become ... every release has less "soul" than the previous one)

Posted on 4 Mar 2014 01:35:41 GMT
Ballisticola says:
"buy this demo for almost the price of a full game"

You started your post with "let's dispense with the bull" but don't mind doing it yourself :D

Posted on 4 Mar 2014 15:56:18 GMT
wilson93 says:
Haha how do you know it's short ? Have you actually played the game ? I'm afraid it's all speculation until we have the final product but regardless of the length it think it looks good in terms of graphics quality... I think we can all agree on that

Posted on 12 Mar 2014 14:13:29 GMT
Mslmc says:
as a huge fan of the game series, im quite happy to pay the £22 price tag to have something to tide over the wait for the huge phantom pain. im sure the game length depends on the player - i have 300 hours of play time on peace walker and still haven't got all the insignias. yet i speed ran MGS4 in 3.49hrs to get the big boss title. as long as its got trophy supprt and big boss to look at - i'll be happy ;) that said - the downside will be the voice change :(
and whats £22 these days - ok i'll sacrifice a weeks takeaway for it.

Posted on 16 Mar 2014 20:09:03 GMT
The game's story mode is basically just one mission. ONE MISSION. Yes there's side ops, but I'm after more story side of things... I'm waiting for bargain bin pricing before I bite at that price.

Posted on 17 Mar 2014 12:21:17 GMT
Ballisticola says:
The side missions do contain canon material.

And nobody should be complaining about not playing the full game. The only difference between the story mission and the side missions is that it's bookended with two cutscenes. It doesn't remove the gameplay.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  17
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  5 Feb 2014
Latest post:  17 Mar 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3) by Konami Digital Entertainment BV (PlayStation 3)
3.8 out of 5 stars (103)