Customer Discussions > FIFA 08 (Xbox 360) forum

isit better than pro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Sep 2007 01:40:53 BDT
will the new fifa finally put pro it the shadows?

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Sep 2007 18:36:31 BDT
For the first time ever I believe that the money machine that is EA has made a footie game that is superior to PRO EVO. I have jast downloaded both demos and FIFA really looks like a next gen footy game the HD graphics are gorgous the Pro camera view actually gives the decades old footy sim seem fresh and new. Where the former daddy of all footy games pro evo had just stayed exeactly the same game with updated teams, the game still plays well but look no different than the last version, infact you would be hard pressed to see much improvement over the pro evo 6 on the last gen consoles.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2007 17:18:56 BDT
Fifa is still miles away from Pro Evo in terms of gameplay and that is where it matters - simple, yes fifa has all the names and teams but the gameplay is poor, if u want a football game pro evo is miles ahead - if u want a game that looks the part but ist (again EA) the go for FIFA

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Oct 2007 12:07:01 BDT
Morgs says:
Please read my review. Yes I am a Pro fan but Fifa is actually much better. 4 of my m8s have allready bought fifa. As I said in my review. Just ask yourself if you love realistic football or are you just loyal to pro?

If you love football you need to play this new fifa period.

O
Oh and remember that I have been playing pro since the days of ISS. I even used to buy Jap PS2s just to import the game early (Wining eleven)

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Nov 2007 13:16:39 GMT
Doc says:
Pro Evo is still as good as it always was gameplay wise. As is FIFA. Theres no argument here. What Mr E Waller siad was absolutely spot on.

FIFA is a glitzy arcade fest of a sports game where as Pro Evo is still real football on a games machine.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Nov 2007 15:01:59 GMT
David Smart says:
I have always got pro from ps1 days and this year i have took a gamble..bought Fifa also and prefer Fifa..WTF PRO EVO...pretty poor this year. funny how things turn around.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Nov 2007 15:04:15 GMT
David Smart says:
lol...i have both...Pro i hyped up Arcade football does not feel like Football, only good for a 2 player buzz with mates. Fifa has simulated it nicely..pro is a frantic mess sometimes with LAg.. Fifa is conistant.
Fifa 8/10
Pro 6.5/10

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Feb 2008 11:37:01 GMT
Last edited by the author on 14 Feb 2008 11:37:29 GMT
Moosehunter says:
I don't belive that FIFA is arcadey and Pro real football its actually the other way round.
Fifa is quite hard when you first play it and goals difficult to come by. However once you grasp it the football flows like real footy, the variety of different goals you can score seems endless and the sheer depth what with PROPER lower league teams, transfers, player growth, staff upgrades etc etc just make it wonderfully absorbing.

Being a supporter of 2nd Div Chesterfield this game is like all my wet dreams come at once. Fantastic game.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Mar 2008 15:09:03 GMT
L. Armah says:
To believe fifa is better than pro is hard to take but after playing both its easy to see why fifa is way better,lets hope this fires up pro to better next time.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  FIFA 08 (Xbox 360) forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  14 Sep 2007
Latest post:  29 Mar 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
FIFA 08 (Xbox 360)
FIFA 08 (Xbox 360) by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (73)