is it mac compatible
asked by K H. on 28 Dec 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Yes - I'm using it with my Mac. Works great though you may well need an adapter.
Mr. P. Labrow answered on 28 Dec 2013
Comments (5) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have only used the monitor with Microsoft windows 7 and have had no problems. I cannot imagine that it is not Mac compatible. I would by it without question for a Mac, its only a monitor.
Mr Francis Carr answered on 28 Dec 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No sure, but I suspect it will be. You will need to check the video output of the Mac (i.e. the connections and graphic card support) and compare these to the spec of the monitor.
Eugene Beirne answered on 29 Dec 2013

A
Yes, I am using one with a Macbook pro, 2013 model, with a thunderbolt to DVI adapter.

The person who said it would not work or would have issues with the O/S is being really silly..there is no reason for a monitor like this not to work with a Mac as long as you get the right cable. It' s just a monitor.
NewsJoe answered on 4 Feb 2014
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes. I've bought this monitor for use with a Mac Mini and have just now finished setting them up successfully. It took about 20-30 minutes, including unpacking. The monitor comes with a white DVI cable and the Mac Mini comes with an HDMI-to-DVI cable. To connect the monitor and the Mac Mini to each other, one end of the DVI cable plugs into the monitor and the other end into the HDMI-to-DVI cable, and then the other end of the HMDI-to-DVI cable plugs into the Mac Mini. Switch on the Mac and the monitor, and set-up is straightforward. Additionally, it's advisable to buy a speaker that attaches to the monitor (I bought this one from this site: 'Dell AX510 Soundbar Speaker for Ultrasharp and Other Monitors with Pass Through Connector'); this connects to the monitor and the Mac so that the sound for what's on the monitor comes out of the speaker rather than out of the Mac.
Phil answered on 26 Mar 2014

A
Running a duel screen setup using two of these monitors with my new model Mac Pro. Works flawlessly, thunderbolt (minidisplayport) to DVI. No problems.
Jake Kindred answered on 28 May 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›