Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 May 2009 14:25:02 BDT
Last edited by the author on 19 May 2009 14:27:19 BDT
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - the big budget US TV series based on the film franchise - has been cancelled, broadcaster Fox has said today 18th May 2009

Why do they keep doing this ?

Nuts

Posted on 19 May 2009 16:59:37 BDT
Dr Evil says:
I agree - it's crazy, this is a quality show.

I've been recording them from Virgin1 and have only seen the first 10 episodes of season 2 so far, so is it worth me carrying on watching them or does it finish on a cliffhanger with no follow-up (as there's no season 3)?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 May 2009 00:15:23 BDT
POPLARMAN says:
I cannot believe FOX TV has cancelled this show either. What 'Rupert' made that decision I wonder? No doubt someone who wants to deprive viewers of a thinking persons show and replace it with mind dumbing drivel.

Posted on 25 May 2009 22:12:04 BDT
Fridi says:
I agree with you...what a silly loss from Fox indeed!!

If you want to write for saving the show somehow, the fan base in Uk is said to be very strong, so send an e-mail to Virgin1 site, and feedback@scifi.com, another important Usa network (the same one that broadcast Battlestar Galactica!) that hopefully will pick it up like Stargate many years ago.

Plus, if you want to contribute to the cause, go to the cinema to watch Terminator 4, make a copy of the ticket, and send it by an e-mail to Warner Bros internet adress....

At least these are the intentions of the bigger fanclub in America (I've read their forums, trying to help) to save the show: don't lose hope, they have already won polls, petitions, E! annual campaign to give TSCC a proper continuation, a 2 hour-film....SOMETHING!!

It's a shame that so many people love it but Fox, JUST FOR MONEY PROBLEM BUDGET, THAT'S THE REAL ISSUE, prefer to befriend the cause of Dollhouse, that has less fans but is cheaper...

In reply to an earlier post on 27 May 2009 15:17:41 BDT
H. Jones says:
Huge huge huge case of 'I NEED season 3' to find out what happens after the last episode of season 2. Do not do it - admittedly we (him indoors and I) have sad little lives, but there will always be a little bit of us going 'oh, what *did* happen there then.....' grrrr.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2009 21:41:26 BDT
"It's a shame that so many people love it but "Fox, JUST FOR MONEY PROBLEM BUDGET, THAT'S THE REAL ISSUE, prefer to befriend the cause of Dollhouse, that has less fans but is cheaper..."

Wow, that's so wrong, where to begin:-

1. On the 9 nights the two shows were paired together on FOX Fridays, DH got more viewers on seven nights, despite being the later program. So in other words, it had MORE fans than TSCC.

2. WB gave FOX a significant subsidy to show the ailing TSCC to give them some publicity for the film. That subsidy wouldn't be available next time.

3. TSCC had had two chances to catch on, it hadn't. DH has had only one chance.

4. FOX gets NOTHING from TSCC DVD sales as it's made by WB, DH is made in-house, so it gets all the profits.

Perfect business sense, plus TSCC had had twice as many chances to catch on but didn't.

Posted on 1 Jun 2009 17:55:00 BDT
HAPPY says:
I am really sad about that FOX is cancelling this serie.
WHY FOX, WHY?????????

Posted on 6 Jun 2009 20:33:34 BDT
It's sad that this is gone, yet the ever more ridiculous and confused 'Heroes' still continues. I was hoping that Terminator: Salvation might come to its rescue. Unfortunately, it looks like a crap film.

The mistake they made in Series 2 was in not making enough use of Cameron. I missed the subtle humour of her attempts to appear human in S1.

Posted on 9 Jun 2009 17:28:12 BDT
C. hammond says:
firefly,futurama and now ttscc,three great shows (and not exactly un-popular) cancelled by some greedy twats who want to make cheaper programmes they can make more money on,i hope programme makers notice that fox continually cancels shows and stop using them to fund/make or whatever their shows and go elsewhere and that fox loses any reputation and dies a quick death before they ruin another good series by prematurely ending it (i can dream)

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jun 2009 15:08:06 BDT
Mildred,

Why dont you keep your comments to yourself, review the series like you have, this is a review site and you are entitled to your opinion, However why come into the discussion area of something you dont like? if you dont like it, dont watch it and dont buy the DVD. Other people do like this series "a lot" of which totally out number you. If there is a chance of a second show, it would be much helped if people like yourself kept to their own interests.

Posted on 17 Jun 2009 17:21:26 BDT
David says:
Fox has certainly made a name for itself as a stupid studio that cancells tv shows that are popular - Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles is the latest casualty. The way they are going no body will want to appear in any of their shows because they may be out of a job when their show gets cancelled. Sort it out you stupid cretins and stop cancelling decent shows. The way things are going the only programmes on tv will be reality shows and soap operas which will be a real shame.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jun 2009 18:02:04 BDT
Um. Heroes isn't even on the same network so why is the comparison made?

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jun 2009 18:04:39 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Jun 2009 18:12:34 BDT
Jonny.

Sorry I pointed out a few facts to go with the myths you're spouting. I notice you don't even try to answer them.

Probably because you can't

Oh and the people who like this show out-number me?

If they out-numbered me, the viewing figures would be a lot higher. Oh and check out this:-

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - The Complete First Season [DVD] [2008]

Probably not positive enough for you, but shrug...

"If there is a chance of a second show, it would be much helped if people like yourself kept to their own interests. "

Wow. There's a double-standard right there. I've seen plenty of hateful posts by TSCC 'fans' aimed at other shows, but they're alright?

Posted on 8 Sep 2009 02:45:47 BDT
There making a straight to DVD film now to continue it. The guy playing John said it during an interview.

Posted on 14 Dec 2009 20:38:14 GMT
Moocher says:
"Mr. L. Mcnulty says:
There making a straight to DVD film now to continue it. The guy playing John said it during an interview."

Actually that was only a wish of T Dekker and J Middleton. It was sadly never green lit.

Jameron for ever!!!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  19 May 2009
Latest post:  14 Dec 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles - Comp Second [DVD] [2009] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles - Comp Second [DVD] [2009] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] by Lena Headey (DVD - 2009)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (96)