on 22 January 2011
This has to be, without doubt; the best tool for your PC.

I spent a fair amount of time trawling the internet for a comprehensive PC protection program at a decent price; this more than matches the criteria.

The user interface is clean and computer checks run smoothly - I installed this on a fresh copy of Windows XP-SP3 and still noticed a significant difference in bootup and run-time.

The cost of this product is cheaper than practically all of those big names out there, but this package offers PC clean-up tools; spyware and anti-virus protection and gives you a nice overview of how your computer is running at that moment.

Quite frankly, it's amazing that you can pick up a tool that is this good at such a low price - YOu won't find anything as effective for the same price; I didn't!
on 17 July 2011
I have been using computers since 1983 and have tinkered with them all from Sharp MZ80-A through Sinclairs, Commodores, Amstrads, Ataris, and finally onto Proper Computers (PCs) :) (yes, I know what they are really called). I have worked in the IT trade for 14 years as a Computer Programmer and Business Analyst. During this time, I have probably repaired about 50 PCs owned by friends, family and me. I do not work for IOLO and have never worked for them: I'm an IT Contractor.

A lot of people THINK they know how to repair their computer and they THINK they know how to optimise it and they just willy-nilly delete registry entries and uninstall applications and even delete entire folders that they don't recognise. Then, surprise, surprise, their computer does not work properly.

I have used System Mechanic on at least 20 PCs, mostly by downloading a trial version onto the PC that I was repairing. I have NEVER encountered a problem with it. It ALWAYS makes the computer more efficient and removes the CRUD left behind by uninstallers, or corrupted software. I've used it on Windows XP, Vista and 7 and it's always done an excellent job.

System Mechanic is an excellent tool that tidies up your PC, gets rid of unwanted garbage, optimises your Internet and provides you with a better platform for getting the most out of the cash you've spent on your equipment.

It provides an interface that is very user-friendly and will do all the jobs that need to be done without you having to be an expert on them. You just click a few buttons and, when finishes, it gives you a little report on how much improved is your PC.

HOWEVER, it does provide the facility to dig deep into the workings of your PC. Use this only if you have been formally trained. The average person need never dig so deep and System Mechanic does an excellent job no matter what you level of IT knowledge.

Remember, you are not an expert just because you've got a PC in your home. I reckon this is the source of the negative reviews. I know its the source of income for many PC repair companies.

Trust System Mechanic to keep you PC clean and optimised. It does work and you dont have to be an expert. It's very easy to use and you'll smile at the results.

TOP TIP: enter 'System Mechanic Trial Download' into a search browser and download the 30-day TRIAL version to see for yourself!

Best wishes
on 31 October 2011
I have had System Mechanic Pro 3pc user for well over 8 months and have found it easy to load and am impressed with the automatic upgrades which seem to be coming all the time it has been good for solving corrupted system files but was not installed on my vista laptop running Mcafee Internets security as I run a 3 computer home wireless network with 2 laptops running both Vista and Windows 7starter.
In the past couple of years I had so many problems installing upgrade versions of Windows Vista and then Windows 7 premium on my main PC and despite using TUNEUP utilities sofware many times TuneUp Utilities 2010, 3 User (PC) that did not help at all I removed both and reinstalled XP pro on my main PC but since then although communicating well with laptops I have had problems with some web sites failing due to cache memory which had to be flushed out every day.
To cap it all when I reinstalled Skype the PC running XP pro would not recognise the webcam microphone so I finally decided to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional. That unfortunately seemed to create a whole new set of hard drive and network incompatibilities on my PC when attempting to change multiple harddrive capacities and caused network failure for printe drivers, workgroup settings, different email programmes and antivirus software.
I began to despair especially with the vista laptop which would take forever to boot up and would then not communicate with the network printer or even when as a local printer I knew that it was seriously corrupted even after backdating the operating system by one week it did not solve the main problems.
Mcafee antivirus is not compatible with System Mechanic antivirus so I removed Mcafee and eventually managed to load System Mechanic Proiolo System Mechanic Professional 10 - 3 Computers, 1 Year Subscription (PC)
After analysing the sony vista laptop it found an incredible number of errors , misaligned files, corrupted fragmented memory etc etc and now after just one fully optimised repair and virus scan I believe my home Windows7 pro PC network is now at last configured properly. Now my multi operating system windows 7 home wireless network is working perfectly with Skype and webcam now working with internet , email and both my laptops are now again communicating with the printers but mainly because of finally running System Mechanic Professional on my laptops.
on 26 July 2011
I have used this product for years and it's just get's better and better!

I have tried similar products but I always go back to System Mechanic.

Installed the trial version on my sisters aging Dell PC, she was blown away by the change in speed, almost like a new machine.

Don't take any notice of previous negative reviews, buy this now!!
on 13 February 2011
Very easy to install, after installation just run all tests and you will soon see the improvements to your system.
Can run completely in the background and will scan and update on it's own.
works greet with windows 7, also works with norton 360 for firewall and spyware and internet.
fixes registry errors which most will not pick up.
good software package with 5 in 1 products.
on 3 July 2011
I purchased this software after reading a very favourable review in Windows Magazine. I was looking forward to tweaking my machine almost to perfection. The reallity, however, was very different. After installing the software, my computing experience became a nightmare of the dreaded Blue Screens Of Death. Fortunately, I have a backup image of my hard drive, so I was able to restore my machine to working order, losing only a few of my most recent data files in the process. Amazon gave me a full refund when I returned to software pack to them.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 15 April 2013
I've used System Mechanic for a number of years and up until now have been mightily impressed. I was offered an upgrade through iolo for System Mechanic 11 which I took. BIG mistake.
Problem 1; Continual crashes of the program or it just won't load at all. Problem 2; Customer care - Pretty much non existent. You have to register first (fair enough) email reply takes forever and the eventual response is hopeless, they just want to sell you another product. Problem 3; if you require a refund-don't bother unless you live in the US or Canada.
on 24 November 2013
as a piece of comprehensive PC tune up gear it is one of the best although i would not say that it makes a dramatic improvement to anything and in fact you can get separate modules by others that are free.
so on the side of an all in one maintenance suite its very good.

but now for the dark side-
sadly any joy you may get out of this will be crushed by there over the top aggressive marketing
it is truly the worst, if you have the trail it will constantly keep hassling you to buy it with pop ups
and they are so intrusive, if you are playing a game it will stall it reading an e mail it will interrupt you defraging your hard drive it will still pop up in fact whatever you are doing its there constantly telling you now you only have X amount of days left and this pops up at least 10 to 20 times a day
if you buy this it can cost £18 to £35 depending on how they feel and after an initial honeymoon period
you will get even more than with the trail - do you want to upgrade, there is an update, only x amount days left to renew license.
in my opinion its Harassment that sadly is not covered by any consumer Law.
Avoid with extreme prejudice.
on 13 July 2012
Ive usewd this product for the last 10 years or so, it provides the best security as well as keeping ypur computer running in tip top condition
it has so many differnt tools that you can choose to run seperatly or automatically
The best bit is the 'incinerater' put any sensative files docs pics into it and it xdestroys to CIA standrds totally unrecoverable
on 3 April 2015
system performance iolo support tool that you sell is a scam

i have a Sony Vaio and the Vaio care function made me buy a similar too from iolo but the iolo site cannot trace it even though they have charged me.

On my vaio it says the activation key is false and I cannot activate it.

What is the order id? How do I activate it? How can anyone contact iolo customer care? I have already registered two accounts with them, one for the product which I had to do to get an activation key, one for an overall account with iolo, and now they insist on signing up for a 3rd account just to get through to customer service in order to find my product.

There is however no way of activating their online products.

STAY AWAY FROM iolo ! SCAM