on 26 February 2011
Having read lots of reviews, I decided to try this. Have been using it for a couple of weeks. Before running it, my pc was taking about 3.5 minutes to boot up (Windows XP, Intel duo core and 2 gig of ram), it is now down to 2 minutes 20 seconds.
System mechanic keeps finding lots of registry errors, fixing them does not appear to have caused any problems so far. It has cleared some clutter that I hadn't found so gives more disk space.
Interface is easy to use and you can view what it has found before you decide to repair and any thing you disagree with, you can mark as keep and it doesn't report on it again.
However, it is only for 12 months then most of the functionality stops unless you pay for another 12 month contract, not impressed.
If you want to improve your pc, this seems to work.
However, if you want to start working quickly, get a mac, you can be working on it 35 seconds after switching it on!
on 22 August 2012
Quite simply, this is the Best PC Fixing and Optimization Software!

Version 11 even works with Windows 8.

You can download a free trial version at [...]
on 11 February 2014
Been using Tune-Up Utilities product for the past 2 years. Bought System Mechanic to try out, it's not as good as Tune -Up Utilities version.
on 19 March 2012
I bought System Mechanic as I had been told it would probably speed up my computer. Unfortunately, quite the reverse happened and I've had to uninstall it. I think it's probably a very useful tool, as long as your computer has sufficient space. I'm hoping to get a new computer soon and will use System Mechanic on that.
on 25 February 2012
Tried this on my 2004 Mesh PC as programs were not responding, and basically a very slow computer. Despite finding errors and fixing them did nothing to improve it. Waste of money buying it for this PC. Maybe better on a newer one
on 22 November 2014