Customer Discussions > Assassin's Creed II (PC) forum

The inevtiable happens- Ubi's servers go down

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Mar 2010 10:47:15 GMT
Mudface says:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/03/08/ubisofts-drm-servers-broken-all-day/

You really couldn't make it up- people who've bought the game can't play it, people who've pirated it can. Sheer idiocy from Ubisoft.

Posted on 8 Mar 2010 17:54:46 GMT
It's these kind of things that encourage people to pirate. I have always paid for games but I really wanna pirate this one now even though I have paid for it and completed most of it.

Posted on 10 Mar 2010 01:59:32 GMT
A. Thom says:
On the Ubisoft forum about this (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4811054957/m/6811098728/p/1) the only feedback we've had is about the servers, nothing at all about how much everyone hates the DRM and if it didn't exist the servers wouldn't be an issue. I'm beginning to think that the Junior PR summer student in charge of this whole mess is spending their time standing with their fingers in their ears (or possibly elsewhere in their anatomy) humming very very loudly.

Posted on 10 Mar 2010 03:09:58 GMT
Dismal Angel says:
Really so glad I didn't buy this because between the constant internet disconnections I have and THEIR server going down, I'd probably never make it through title screen.

Posted on 11 Mar 2010 13:12:20 GMT
Dismal Angel says:
I just heard on a tv station (was on freeview and i can't find what channel it was), that the sales on this particular game were 43% lower than what was originally expected. Take that Ubisoft.

Posted on 12 Mar 2010 11:58:08 GMT
Ubisoft are pwned I see there are already hefty discounts on the game and people are selling for as low as a fiver now and the used stock is very high and it's only been out for 2 weeks.

Posted on 12 Mar 2010 11:58:20 GMT
Ubisoft are pwned I see there are already hefty discounts on the game and people are selling for as low as a fiver now and the used stock is very high and it's only been out for 2 weeks.

Posted on 15 Mar 2010 05:12:23 GMT
Dismal Angel says:
Serves them right. Even less people will buy new and go for second hand cheap versions just to try it and ubisoft loses even more money than the 500,000 they've already lost from gamers refusing to buy their products. When it hits the million mark they'll really feel it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x104ff0c0)

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  8 Mar 2010
Latest post:  15 Mar 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Assassin's Creed II (PC)
Assassin's Creed II (PC) by Ubisoft (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
2.9 out of 5 stars   (176)