iPod Touch vs iPod Classic

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Dec 2008 12:00:19 GMT
Last edited by the author on 25 Dec 2008 14:25:14 GMT
Joe says:
I'm thinking about getting an iPod after Christmas and am unsure whether to get a Classic or a Touch.

Obviously the touch is much cooler but you get less memory for your money. Also, I'm wondering how much use I would get out of the internet/youtube e.t.c.

Could those who have either share their experiences with me and gives me your opinions.

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jan 2009 06:17:33 GMT
C. Lee says:
Me too! The only opinion anyone has ever given me is that the Classic is outdated now and so why would you buy something that is on its way out? But like you, I am not sure its worth getting a Touch if if I won't get much use out of the internet/email etc.
I'd be very interested to hear what others think...

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jan 2009 17:25:40 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 22 Jan 2009 18:56:55 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jan 2009 18:56:41 GMT
Anthony Long says:
I have same problem and I'm going for the classic, here's my mane reason: The classic DOES need to use iTunes but you DON'T rely on them. You can rip movies into it, now the Touch fully relies on iTunes, if you buy it you will be locked in the iTunes world. And another thing - No screen protector=LOTS of fingerprints, buy the classic, it's better

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jan 2009 18:57:50 GMT
i have an ipod classic 80gb very good ipod no problems at all

id say get an ipod classic becuase like you said you get much more memory for your money, 16gb isn't much really especially if you want videos and photos on their too.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2009 19:21:22 GMT
Anthony Long says:
On second thought, im getting the iPod touch, free internet! My school has got Wi fi and i can use it all day, get the touch

Posted on 14 Mar 2009 12:48:48 GMT
S. Dover says:
I have both an i can say the ipod touch is the best thing to get

Posted on 5 Apr 2009 09:37:37 BDT
HJD says:
I'm wanting to update my overflowing ipod nano (4gb)
but am unsure whether touch or classic is the way to go?
i want more memory but wil probably not use withing the hundreds renge ever although i want to keep my itunes for life!

oh and does anyone know a good way of storing my music not on the computer ie cd memory stick etc.

Posted on 11 Apr 2009 16:14:00 BDT
My Dad's friend works for Apple and we have been emailing him to see whether to go for the touch or the classic. He says that if you have a huge music collection then go for the classic as you will be mainly using it for music. But, if you are the type to delete music that goes out of date, then the touch is for you!!!! IT is really confusing cos my Dad wants me to get the classic but i don't want it because i would make good use of the different apps and the wifi so he needs persuading......

Posted on 4 May 2009 06:29:54 BDT
Nick says:
I've recently bough a classic, but realised that I just don't need anything like 120 Gb of memory. I've put about 60 albums on there and only used 5.8Gb. With a bit of shuffling of files I'll always be able to carry enough for a two-week holiday with, say 16 Gb. On the classic, the video display is too small to watch anything comfortably, so that's why I'm thinking of selling it and going for a touch...

Posted on 5 Jun 2009 22:06:06 BDT
I have the 80gb and the iPhone (which is also the 16gb touch). While I love the internet aspect, for the music I would always go with the classic as you can get loads more on there! 16gb is not a lot at all. 100 albums and you're through. It really depends on your needs.

Posted on 20 May 2012 15:33:29 BDT
Does anyone know which is louder and which produces a better quality sound?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  24 Dec 2008
Latest post:  20 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about