Top critical review
2 people found this helpful
They just changed the cover and added a bit on iPhone 5 - no simple info on setup or use of basic features
on 12 February 2014
Problems with this book:
- continual references to iPhone 4
- assumption that you are already an iPhone user
- no information on synching to your GMail calendar
- Want to make a phone call? You have to go to page 77 - lots of irrelevant detail first and technical blah about 'Siri', organising Icons into folders, using the iPhone as an iPod. The absolute vital features (telephone, voicemail and text messages) are hidden away.
- Nothing on moving from Android
Does not cover:
- How to insert your SIM Card (nothing like an Android phone - you need a paper clip for a start!)
- How to set up the fingerprint unlock - which you need to do when you start the phone for the first time
Irrelevant and probably out of date information about US mobile providers.
I am returning my copy.