Step-by-step instructions with callouts to iPhone images that show you exactly what to do.
Help when you run into iPhone problems or limitations.
Tips and Notes to help you get the most from your iPhone.
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping your iPhone working just the way you want. The tasks include how to:
- Connect to the Internet, Bluetooth devices, Wi-Fi networks, and other iPhones, iPods, and iPads ; take advantage of AirDrop to instantly share with other iOS users around you
- Use Siri to get information, write texts and emails, set reminders/appointments, and more just by speaking to your iPhone
- Customize your iPhone with folders, wallpaper, ringtones, and much more
- Configure and sync your information, and efficiently manage contacts, reminders, and calendars
- Communicate via FaceTime videoconferences, conference calls, text, email, and more
- Make the most of Safari to browse the Web and Mail to manage all of your email from one Inbox
- Listen to music, subscribe to podcasts, and watch video–including movies and TV shows
- Capture and edit photos and video ; use the new camera features in iPhone 5S to take photos rapidly in Burst mode, and use the new slow-motion feature for video
- Use your photos in slideshows, for wallpaper, and your contacts or share them via email, iCloud, and texts ; use PhotoStream to automatically save and share your photos
- Find, download, install, and use awesome iPhone apps
- Take advantage of iCloud to keep your content and information in sync on all your devices
About the Author
Brad Miser has written extensively about technology, with his favorite topics being the amazing “i” devices, especially the iPhone and iPod touch, that make it possible to take our lives with us while we are on the move. In addition to My iPhone, 7th Edition, Brad has written many other books, including My iPod touch, 4th Edition; iTunes and iCloud for iPhone, iPad, & iPod touch Absolute Beginner’s Guide; and Sams Teach Yourself iCloud in 10 Minutes, 2nd Edition. He has also been an author, development editor, or technical editor for more than 50 other titles.
Brad is or has been a sales support specialist, the director of product and customer services, and the manager of education and support services for several software development companies. Previously, he was the lead proposal specialist for an aircraft engine manufacturer, a development editor for a computer book publisher, and a civilian aviation test officer/engineer for theU.S. Army. Brad holds a bachelor of science degree in mechanical engineering from California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo and hasreceived advanced education in maintainability engineering, business, and other topics.
In addition to his passion for silicon-based technology, Brad is active in buildingand flying radio-controlled aircraft.
Originally from California, Brad now lives in Brownsburg, Indiana, with his wife Amy; their three daughters, Jill, Emily, and Grace; and a rabbit.
Brad would love to hear about your experiences with this book (the good, the bad, and the ugly). You can write to him at firstname.lastname@example.org.