Big info about using the iPad mini!
This fun-and-friendly full-color book gets you started with your iPad mini, walking you through using the multitouch interface, getting connected, going online, and packing your iPad mini with apps, games, e-books, photos, music, movies, and more. Expert authors and Mac gurus Edward C. Baig and Bob "Dr. Mac" LeVitus guide you through everything from powering up all the way to syncing your stuff with iCloud. You'll learn how to manage your calendar, make video calls with FaceTime, work with Siri, and enjoy your iPad mini wherever you go.
- Updated for iOS 7, iPad mini with Retina Display, and original iPad mini
- Walks you through getting connected, syncing your contacts and calendars, setting up e-mail, browsing the web, and working with Notification Center
- Shows you how to turn your iPad mini into an entertainment hub and shoot and share photos and HD video, create your own slideshow, listen to your favorites tunes, read the latest e-book bestsellers, play interactive games, and more
- Explains how to find your destination,get directions with Maps, check the weather, read movie reviews, and more
- Offers troubleshooting and maintance help, tips for keeping your personal information secure, and ways to customize your iPad mini for your own needs
Your iPad mini may be small, but it’s one mighty mini! Find out everything it’s capable of with this full-color, For Dummies guide.
From the Back Cover
Stay in touch with e–mail and FaceTime video chats Browse the web and have some fun with music, movies, apps, and more Master multitasking gestures to zoom from one app to another Your easy–to–use guide to the powerful and popular iPad mini The iPad mini delivers great capabilities wherever you go! Dig into this comprehensive guide to discover all the features of your easily portable Apple device. You’ll get all the latest information on updates to iOS 7 and the Retina Display, as well as details on using video chat, dictation, iTunes, and more! Customize your settings — start with the basics to get your iPad mini set up just the way you like Surf the Internet — use Safari to get online, discover how to use e–mail and maps, and learn to go mobile Utilize your media — jump into iTunes, create videos, take and share photos, and find out how to use the iBook reader Get to work — go beyond all the fun stuff with a variety of productivity apps and utilities Discover what you can do — get going with ten great apps and additional tips, tricks, and shortcuts to make your iPad mini a dynamo Open the book and find: Tips on getting started with your iPad mini The skinny on using Siri to get answers Help with mastering the multitouch interface Tricks to make your iPad mini an entertainment hub Details on using iCloud and interactive games How to set up iTunes with your iPad mini The lowdown on commanding the Control Center Tips on using AirDrop to share photos and videos