Covers iOS 7 for iPad Air, 3rd/4th generation, iPad 2, and iPad mini
Easy, clear, readable, and focused on what you want to do. Step-by-step instructions
with callouts to iPad photos that show you exactly what to do. Large, full-color, close-up photos
when you run into iPad problems or limitations. Common-sense help
whenever you run into problems. Tips and notes
to help you get the most from your iPad.
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping your iPad working just the way you want. Learn how to:
• Connect your iPad to your Wi-Fi and 3G/4G LTE networks
• Use Control Center to control frequently used settings
• Use Siri to control your iPad or get information by speaking commands
• Use iCloud to keep everything current between all your iOS devices (and even your Mac), including music, photos, emails, and more
• Surf the Web, and send and receive email
• Download and install apps to make your iPad even more useful
• Secure your iPad
• Record and edit video using iMovie for iPad
• Take photos, and then edit them using iPhoto for iPad
• Use AirDrop to share files and information with other iOS devices in your vicinity
• Manage your contacts, and then connect with others using Messaging
• Use iTunes to manage and sync iPad content with your computer
• Use FaceTime and Skype to stay connected with friends and family, or to conduct video conferences
• Use Pages, Numbers, and Keynote to create document, spreadsheets, and presentations
About the Author
is an Internet entrepreneur, software developer, and technology writer. He runs CleverMedia, Inc., which produces websites, computer games, apps, and podcasts. CleverMedia’s largest site, MacMost.com, features video tutorials for Apple enthusiasts. It includes many videos on using Macs, iPhones, and iPads. Gary has written numerous computer books, including ActionScript 3.0 Game Programming University
, MacMost.com Guide to Switching to the Mac
, Special Edition Using Director MX
, and My Pages
Gary lives in Denver, Colorado, with his wife, Debby, and daughter, Luna. He has a computer science degree from Drexel University and a master’s degree in journalism from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
More iPad Tutorials and Book Updates: http://macmost.com/ipadguide/Gary Jones
is a retired school administrator. In retirement he has become an avid traveler, foodie, rare book seller, and an individual who uses his iPad in most of his ventures. He runs Juniper Point Books, an online rare and used book business, travels the world attempting to live, shop, and eat like a local, occasionally provides educational consulting services, and works hard at retirement. Gary has degrees in English, philosophy, and a master’s degree in school administration.
He lives in Round Lake, NY with his wife Susan, has 2 children, Karianne and Katelyn, and a dog Bubba.