From the Back Cover
- Navigate your iPad, get connected, browse the web, and use e–mail
- Make FaceTime video calls and stay in touch with Facebook and Messages
- Play games, watch movies, take and share photos, and use Siri
IN FULL COLOR!
It′s portable, it′s intuitive, and it′s fun. It′s the incredible iPad and here′s the guide to get you started!
The iPad is a cool tool for the 50+ crowd. It′s small enough to take anywhere and packs a powerful punch. This friendly book walks you through your iPad′s features from fun stuff like sending e–mail and texts, sharing photos and video, and enjoying games, books, apps, and movies to creating Reminders, managing your calendar, and beyond.
- Start out right explore the multitouch interface and get familiar with the built–in apps and Control Center
- The online world shop, plan a vacation, watch the news, or just have some fun surfing the web with Safari
- Go mad for media fill your iPad with your favorite music, books, photos, games, and TV shows and sync it all with iCloud
- On track remember appointments and important dates with Reminders and manage your schedule with Calendar
- Your helper ask Siri to pick a good restaurant, respond to your e–mail, or notify you when it′s time to go
Open the book and find:
- Useful features for those with vision or hearing challenges
- Everything about sharing files and photos with AirDrop
- How to keep your iPad safe
- Help making FaceTime video calls
- How to share information with Messages and social media
- Advice on staying organized with Calendar and Notes
- Ways to get from Point A to Point B with Maps
- Secrets for making friends with Siri
About the Author
Nancy C. Muir
is a columnist and consultant as well as the author of more than 100 books on business and technology, including all editions of iPhone For Seniors For Dummies
. Nancy runs the TechSmartSenior website and writes for RetireNet.com.