Size: iPhone 4HD & 4SColour Name: Black, SilverChange

on 30 August 2010
I bought this case recently and I have only used once while running so far. The good: I was pleasently surprised that I did not have to remove the case I keep on my iphone normally to get it into the armband, (Clear gel silicone Protective armour case). While I was running the iphone felt very secure and I wasn't concerned about it coming out of the pocket at all. It was easy to use the screen on the iphone through the armband cover although not so while it was on my arm. There seems enough material and adjustment to suit most peoples arms in the design. The GPS got a good signal throught the whole time.
The bad, while it was running the armband got very damp, so I guess there is some room for improvement with that. The pocket with an image of keys of it is tiny, which I guess is why they describe it as a spare cable tidy? There was no way my keys would have fitted in there.
Other points: Iphones are quite bulky and the position of armbands means its not easy to use the iphone while running. If want to be constantly looking and changing things maybe you need a proper fitness watch?
In summary not a bad product but perhaps not ideal for what I wanted it for?
Update: I have now used this product for around 14 months and I have grown to love it. Does a great job of holding the iphone which running/cycling etc. Very hard to see the iphone while you are wearing it, but I don't think you can blame the designers for that. I am about to buy another one as my first is looking tatty, but it has been used so much I don;t see that as a fault.
on 13 June 2012
On the armband I received, the adhesion of velcro strap which secures the armband around the arm is so weak that even the slightest tension causes it to come undone. This renders it totally unusable for its intended purpose. Item returned.
on 8 June 2014
I bought this brand as my wife has one of their other armband styles and it seemed fine.

Unfortunately when mine arrived the Perspex cover screen is marked/stained to the point that it is difficult to see the phone screen clearly. I thought it might just be manufacturing grime/smears but I've tried all sorts of screen cleaners and nothing will budge it. I can't even work out which side of the Perspex is marked or if it is 'in' the plastic rather than on the surface.

Other aspects (band length, vecro stickiness) are fine but the product has a fundamental defect. You get what you pay for I guess.

UPDATE - I sent this back for a replacement which arrived yesterday. Same problem as first but actually even worse so I'll be asking for a refund this time. Amazon impeccable as always in terms of delivery/returns etc. Shame the product is awful.
on 11 January 2012
When I first decided on getting one of these I was looking for something more expensive as I thought they'd be better, however I read the reviews on this product and thought I'd give it a go. It really is a great product. I was concerned, like every buyer probably, that it wouldn't hold my iPhone 4 tight enough but I felt confident with it as soon as I started running - there was no way it was coming out unless I stopped to unstrap it.

I was really surprised by the touchscreen too - I honestly thought the plastic cover would lessen the sensitivity but it worked great, as if there were no cover at all. As I think someone else has already said, I don't reckon you could fit a key in the provided slot but I have a swipe card anyway (which I just tucked behind the phone) and the slot makes for a good enough cable tidy. There was no rubbing or irritation which I saw mentioned on a lot of the more expensive versions of this product.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product to a friend. It's cheap, reliable, looks good and the seller was prompt with delivery.
on 9 February 2014
I've had this item now for four months. It is now destined for the the bin as it has split at the bottom and therefore no good to hold phone in as it was designed for.

I did like it when it worked and it certainly stopped phone getting wet and muddy.

However, don't expect it to last. I've probably used it around 20 times.
on 25 November 2013
I was disappointed with this product. It doesn't have enough elasticity in the arm band to stay on properly during exercise (especially if you're working hard and are hot and sweaty).

I would have paid more for a product that works. It also has that horrible plasticky smell - cheap.
on 25 October 2012
the clear plastic screen detached from the edge of the case after a few runs, not impressed, poor quality product
on 15 November 2012
Rather than securing the phone using velcro, this design relies on a flap covering the opening to where the phone sits which means you're relying solely on compression against your arm to stop the phone from falling out while running. It's also clearly not waterproof and, because of the flap, getting the armband to sit nicely is a little awkward. In addition, even with a case on the phone doesn't fit snugly into the armband and can more around inside its compartment, implying that whoever designed it didn't pay too much attention to the phone's dimensions.

To top it all off, the hole for the headphone jack is in completely the wrong place. Having previously had a very simple and effective velcro armband from iGadgitz for my old phone, this particular item was disappointingly poor.
on 6 January 2014
I've been running with an iPhone(3 or 4) for over 5 years and have tried and tested a fair few of armbands - this one is the best so far.

As mentioned previously, the phone is held securely (with case!) and water/rain protection seems to be very good.

The most outstanding feature for me however, is the way the band is constructed; the velcro locks very well and the band is large enough for bulky blokes like me. I also like the little neoprene dots on the inside of the band, making sure it doesn't slip or slide down your arm.

The only criticism I would have is that the screen responsiveness is somewhat impaired by the plastic cover - but this is an issue with most armbands. it just means you may need to press the screen twice.

Coupled with the excellent Nike+ running app I'm all set for 2014!
on 4 February 2012
Armband is good value for money. I think after a while it will get a bit stretched as tatty but it does the trick. Easy to take iPhone in and out even with cover on. Plastic face is flexible and doesnt limit finctionality of touch screen.