Size: DAB 2 Radio|Colour Name: Black|Change

on 19 July 2011
I bought this for 2 purposes : 1. to provide protection for the radio and 2. to make it easier to carry about.

As far as protection is concerned, I give it 5 stars. In view of the comment about the product being flimsy and not leather, I asked the supplier for info and was told that it's made from split leather. An Internet search will tell you all you need to know about this. Anyway, I'm happy that it IS made of leather and that it's well made. (Bought a camera case of similar construction last year and that's still in good shape despite having had a much rougher time than this radio case ever will.)

As for portability, I'm not quite so happy. I don't find the belt clip of any use - would have preferred a wrist strap, so I've threaded a camera wrist strap through a couple of the holes in the case. Don't think it will tear the leather, may fit a brass eyelet to be safe. And there's no hole to poke the aerial through - necessary on the train I was on at the weekend - so I'll have to make one with a hole punch.
44 comments|10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 February 2011
Before ordering this case I looked at the Tuv-luv case which is nearly twice the price, but I don't like the look of white stitching on black leather, so I ordered this one instead. So glad I did. Beautifully designed and made, I could not be more pleased.

It is made of soft, high quality, flawless leather, and has a hole in the top for the headphone socket. All the controls are exposed when the radio is in the case and it closes completely with a satisfying click when not in use, leaving the radio well-protected, which is just as well as I managed to drop mine three times on a hard floor before I had even turned it on. It has a marvellous strong clip on the back (removable) so you can clip it easily and quickly anywhere on your clothing.

It's elegance enhances the look of the radio and I thoroughly recommend this product without hesitation. It fits the radio perfectly, is well thought-out and looked as good as new after I got it wet whilst walking the dogs in the rain and had then been dried out near the aga. I am amazed at the price, it is a real bargain.
on 29 December 2011
I researched this product and, like a fellow reviewer, also looked at a product at almost twice the price. As this was only a top up present for my husband, who absolutely loves his DAB Sport 2 radio, after reading the other reviews, I decided to purchase this one.

I was not disappointed when it arrived. The leather felt soft, but also strong enough for the purpose. My husband does lots of walking with our dog, so I knew the product would be used everyday, and would have to be robust enough for this. I was a little concerned when I looked at the size of the cover, as I feared the radio would not fit, but it fitted in beautifully, and you could access all necessary parts with ease. It has been used everyday since Christmas day, and is doing well so far!

I would recommend this product
on 18 September 2012
Item is not as advertised it looks to have a handy wire hook on pic! Speaker hole does not line up with radio belt clip too bulky, cheeply made with errors, can't understand who wrote other reviews! Returning it! Hampshire .
on 21 May 2011
Excellent item, quality product, very soft leather, well made, you can leave the belt clip off if you don't need to use it, very good fitting case, would highly recommended for Roberts Sport DAB radio.
on 8 September 2015
Why Roberts sell a "sports" radio without any kind of cover or case that you can clip on your clothes somewhere is beyond me. Who wants to have to carry it everywhere in your hand or stuff it in a pocket with your loose change?

Thankfully though, I found one of these cases on here that's custom made for that model of radio & does the job perfectly. It's well made, fits exactly, gives more than adequate protection, does exactly what they say it does & in my opinion anyway, is excellent value.

I only use it clipped to my belt but, the way the clip itself is mounted on the case, it could be attached at any angle & the radio will naturally sit vertically. The clip's also removable (you have to push a button on it so it's not going to come off by accident) so the radio & case will still fit in a shirt pocket.

I'm very happy indeed with the case & I suspect if Roberts did include one with the radio, it wouldn't be as good as this one - or if it was, the radio itself would be considerably more expensive to buy.

Almost forgot - it also comes with a little stick on screen protector to prevent the display getting scratched.
on 29 August 2012
As a case to hold a portable item, a belt clip is essential to me - and mine didn't have one. Probably because the item packaging was partially open when it arrived. Other than that, this would have been a good buy. But gardening or DIY with this encased radio stuffed in a pocket would not have been good enough, so it had to go back.
on 17 April 2012
You get a sylish high quality leather case which has been customised around easy access to the various radio controls. I ordered it on free P&P option on the Saturday evening and it arrived first thing the following Tuesday.
In my view this case is an absolute must if your buying (or have bought) the Roberts Sports DAB 2 radio
on 21 June 2015
Provides good protection and is well made, as one would expect as it is not cheap. It is possible to use it to provide a stand if you make use of the belt clip. It would be better if the case was designed to do this in a more elegant way.
on 2 June 2016
Very good for protecting the radio, as well as allowing it to be belt-mounted. ConstruOnce ycting a wide elasticated band allows it to be used on the wrist or arm when jogging/exercising. There's no instructions on how to mount the belt-clip, and you have to make sure that you don't lose the screw which must be used to allow the radio to be belt-mounted. Once you screw this in on the rear of the case, you can slide on the clip used for belt-mounting. The only minor problem is that mentioned by other reviewers - the internal arial can not be erected with the case on the radio, but cutting a small hole can correct this. I've never had any problems because I almost always use the radio with earbuds or headphones.