how many computers can this be used on.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 Dec 2008 18:24:27 GMT
I want to inslall this on my deaktop and my laptop but do not know if i have to buy to 2 lots of sofeware.Any suggestions would be helpful,thanks.

Posted on 3 Apr 2009 12:36:04 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Jul 2009 19:14:58 BDT
Keith_Joseph says:
I got two copies [wireless and wired]. I tried the wireless Dragon 10 CD [identical looking to the wired version on offer here] on a second desktop PC. It installed, loaded and registered OK and ran without comment [registered using the same details, e.g. me and my address and same activation code on CD]. The auto-updater has now run and downloaded the 161Mb service pack 1, but it only activated after a week or so delay [but that happened on my original install as well - but you can download and save this massive service pack 1 to the hard drive]. So YES I can install easily on a couple of PCs.

Why not buy one copy and try installing it on both anyway [you want to evaluate it first]. I was impressed how easy it was to dictate after the initial training was over, although I still get some words stuck like: 'X it' for exit, despite retraining the word. If you are happy to use the mouse for a few edits it's pretty quick otherwise [and seems more accurate than scanning text recognition, although I have an elderly copy of Scansoft's OmniPage [v14 Pro not the latest v16] - eerily also by Nuance - que X Files Music].

Generally programs such as these allow a few activations before the Nuance thought police take action - after which you have to beg for re-activation using the 're-installed Windows/faulty hard-drive/budgie's sick' excuses. More advanced DRM like Steam [games] simply allow you to install on as many PCs as you want, you just log-in via the internet [unlikely for Dragon software as Steam requires the internet for on-line gaming, whereas Nuance customers may not always have access]. However there is Dragon's 'installshield update manager' that installs itself in a basic Steam manner, although this doesn't do much until you register the software [won't update until then]. As Dragon isn't software I use regularly, being able to install on a few PCs [main PC and the laptop] seems reasonable. Can't find any licence agreement on the CD/PC though, so next time I'll have to read it during install before I click the 'just get on with it' button.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  17 Dec 2008
Latest post:  3 Apr 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred 10.0 (PC DVD)
Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred 10.0 (PC DVD) by Nuance Communications, Inc. (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
3.6 out of 5 stars   (52)