Customer Discussions > The God Delusion forum

hear ye hear ye atheists

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Jun 2011 14:25:16 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 5 Jun 2011 18:32:33 BDT
Frank Dernie says:
They are dead, so no longer exist. How can they be OK?

Posted on 10 Jun 2011 09:40:24 BDT
Mr H says:
If by lost you mean do I have relatives who are dead, then no, knowing they're ok isn't a consideration - they're dead. However, they no longer experience pain or distress and don't have to pay tax, so I'm ok with it even though I miss a lot of them.

Posted on 17 Jun 2011 10:29:42 BDT
P. Fewings says:
Yes, we do have a need to know they are ok... but, as atheists, we realise this for what it is - simply a human longing for something which, sadly, cannot be. We then accept our lot, appreciate the time we do have on Earth, and move on. By all means, tell yourself comforting stories about the afterlife (or fairies at the bottom of the garden) but as soon as you profess these as truths, the atheists in the room start objecting.

Posted on 19 Sep 2012 19:04:49 BDT
They are no longer with us, but live on in our memories. Death comes to us all, we just have to accept it and move on.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Feb 2013 23:35:14 GMT
They are not ok you buffoon, they are dead.

Posted on 6 Apr 2013 10:24:14 BDT
The dead are like a personal utopia. Sometimes you wish you could see them again, but you know within yourself that it ain't gonna happen!

Posted on 6 Apr 2013 18:15:49 BDT
Indeed, judging from the wailing and gnashing of teeth at theist funerals, one is forced to conclude that they don't believe it themselves.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The God Delusion forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  5 Jun 2011
Latest post:  6 Apr 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The God Delusion
The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins (Paperback - 21 May 2007)
3.9 out of 5 stars (1,423)