Size: PairColour Name: BlackChange

on 7 November 2014
Bit eye watering to shell out £50 for a pair of speaker brackets a couple of inches long at most with an additional bit of 3/16" strip on each. The finish is nice though and they are VERY good quality. I suppose the design development is a big mark up in the cost.
Doddle to put up. Holds the play 1's very well and you get the feeling - if you lived on the side of the Panama canal - they'd berth the Queen Mary too.
Not sure about the cheaper options 'cos I bought these.
I will say, the uppy downy movement can be tightened with an adjustment screw to hold 'em in place. I didn't see such constraining for the lefty righty though. Very loose. Don't think there was any tightening, but being a typical man I chucked away the instructions when I opened the packets and refused to consult them consequently (so maybe there is..). But I think the weight of the speakers hold the lefty righty orientation in place because they've satayed where they are ever since. Hmm.. satay, I'm hungry.
Going to get the Play 3 mounts at some stage let you know.
22 comments19 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 September 2014
Been looking for a solution like this since Christmas! Simple to fit and allows the Sonos Play 1 to tilt and swivel which is marvelous as now we have the unit secured to the wall in the corner of our bedroom, pointing towards our bed for an enhanced ambiance experience. I love Sonos products and this Flexson bracket enhances the Play 1 to another level.
on 12 September 2014
Recently redecorated my front room and wanted a solution to hang my play 1 on the wall. Found this and purchased instantly and is simply great! Well made, not bulky in any way and does not effect the looks of the Play 1! Tilt and swivel function is very easy and smooth! Highly recommended!
on 18 December 2015
This is a very well made mount for the Sonos Play:1. Good materials and packaging.
Did not come with any screws to mount to the wall, but I suppose then that Flexson cannot be held responsible if you fix it to the wall and it falls down smashing the Play:1.
One thing which is not made clear in the description is how to adapt the mount so that the Play:1 can be mounted upside down. This is simply done by removing two covers on the front and unscrewing the mounting plate, reversing and tightening back up. Very clever.
Would definetly recommend.
on 3 June 2015
Really Good...

... It is a little on the pricey side but it works very well. The best feature of this particular mount is that it allows you to hang the songs upside down, which is really handy if you are mounting high up near the ceiling allowing for easy access to the main controls. Highly Recommend this.
on 31 July 2015
Liked the ability to turn the Play 1 upside down meaning the controls are visible and the positioning features are well considered. Attention to detail and design is well thought through resulting in a great look on the wall. If you want to wall mount your Sonos then this is definitely worth the investment.
on 12 September 2014
This is a really neat solution for Fixing a Play:1 to a wall. I have installed this in the kitchen, keeping the Play:1 safely off the kitchen worktop where it was always at risk of getting splashed with water. The bracket itself is actually a thing of beauty and while I bought this purely because I needed to fix the Play:1 to the wall, the bracket is actually very nicely made and looks like it is part of the Play:1. It has a nice tilt and swivel motion and feels very secure whatever angle the speaker is fixed at.

Fixing to the wall was very easy and I think it actually makes the Play:1 look better than when it was sat on the worktop! The twin-pack has allowed me to save one bracket for the next Play:1 I am planning to buy for the home office.

Great little product - fantastic quality, neat solution.
on 13 December 2015
A little pricey but well worth the money. Don't waste your time in cheaper alternatives - I did that initially and made the classic error of buying cheap and paying twice . Easy to fit and look great
on 3 October 2015
Really easy to fit and perfect for hanging the speaker at whatever angle you want. I have another sort on one of my other speakers bought from a local shop but this much better. Highly recommend
on 10 January 2016
These brackets are expensive, there's no doubt about that, and when the package arrived it was so small I thought I'd only been sent one. However, they are very well made, easy to fit (two screws along with whatever wall fixings you deem necessary) and that's it. I fitted mine right in the corner of the room which kind of forces the angle I have to have the speaker set at, but the brackets do allow for left and right rotation as well as a degree of up and down movement (the latter being secured by a single machine screw). All cable points are accessible with these custom fit brackets.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse