Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

There seems to be 'swarm' of these survival bracelets on the market at the moment.

This is one of the cheapest.

That being said the bracelet is bought for two reasons.

1. As a fashion accessory.
and
2. As an emergency back up of 'several feet' of parachute cord that when your in need is really useful.

This bracelet, although cheap works on both counts.

True you do not get as many colour choices as others but this bracelet looks the same.
So it looks fine as a fashion bracelet.

beware if it gets wet it stays wet!
As to how long 'several feet' is exactly I do not know for I would have to unravel the thing to find out and measure and then I'd have to buy a new one.
Also how long is a piece of string?
When this comes into the task in hand you often have to cut it to size or use a few pieces.

The cord looks chunky and the D ring makes it look the part.
To secure the thing around your wrists can be quite tricky.

The D ring comes with a secure 'key' that you have to turn and screw in to the bolt.
I found it hard to do with just one hand.
The key end does tend to stick out a little too I was afraid of catching my wrist if I twisted or caught the edge.
I played with it several times and tried to figure out which end would be better to have top or bottom.
Now I would be tempted to thread some strong ripcord thread through the hole of the bolt and secure it to the other end.
(A bit like those connections for phones and lanyards)
So you may need a friend to help you secure the thing on your wrists or do as I do attach it to your rucksack for when you need it.

Now to the business end of the unit.

The strange thing about these bracelets is that they are for an emergency.
From experience the only time you need then is when you haven't got them.
So great insurance.

I never thought I would be in a survival situation until I was trapped in the Hull and East Riding floods 0f 2010.

If you do need them in an emergency all you do is locate the 'glued end bits' of the cord.
Give it a sharp twist and unravel.
In less than a minute you have that 'several feet of of cord you need to tie things down- like, tying stuck to your bike panniers, a belt, secure binding for when your waterproofs get ripped, an emergency plastic storm shelter- extra tethering for a tent, tying and securing a broken limb to wood or even and including mild bondage-

In short it covers all bases!
44 comments20 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 June 2014
It is exactly what it looks like in the picture. A neatly woven para cord bracelet with a D shackle fastening. I have bought two as stocking fillers for my two boys who are in to army and camping and adventure so I'm sure they will love them. Can't believe that they were sent air mail from China (described as a phone adapter and case on the customs declaration!) -all for 90p! It would cost me more than that to buy the jiffy bag they came in.
on 15 September 2014
Don't be expecting anything showy from this, it's what it's supposed to be and that's it, Some tough cord you can take with you and not have to worry about. It goes boxing with me, hiking with me, running, swimming, archery, work. If I am awake this is on my wrist, and since June it is still in the same condition as it was the day it turned up. Not bad for the price of a can of coke.
on 30 September 2014
useless, the locking pin dosn't go all the way in and it falls off so it was tightened with small pliers, this ruined the thread and it is only locked by a little of the thread, its fell off a few times and the Metal turns your wrist green, its not stainless steel! came on time and I would still use the company again as it had a good selection of stock items
on 20 November 2014
THE SILVERED DOG-CLIPS DO NOT WORK.
THE METAL IS TOO SOFT TO WORK AS A SCREW AND THREAD.
I GOT THREE - ALL THREE CLIPS ARE DUDS.
I HAVE THREE BALLS OF GREEN STRING IN MY KITCHEN CUPBOARD.
HOWEVER....
BUY BLACK - THE BLACK VERSION IS A BIT MORE EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH EVERY PENNY.
IT EVEN DOUBLES AS A FASHION ACCESSORY.
on 28 July 2014
Seems OK especially at such a cheap price, I wasn't to keen on it when I received since it was bulkier than I was expecting and a real pain to put on by yourself due to the clasp design, the rope seemed good quality but the bulk and difficulty of it made it wasted on me, the time I need it will be the time I didn't bother with it now!
on 18 January 2014
Didn't cost much but as Bear seems to wear a paracord bracelet these days, this seemed to fit the bill and although it missed Christmas (didn't order it in time) she loves it. Good dad points to me.
on 4 September 2014
The para cord is definitely not 550 and the shackle is absolutely not stainless steel, after just one day the "stainless steel" had worn away its silver colour to be replaced by a pinkish hue and where it had been touching my skin it had turnen green and left a rash.
Cheap but defiantly not cheerful.
on 7 May 2014
This is a really nice survival bracelet, I bought some for my family, they all love it very much. I shopped around for a survival bracelet and saw many different options available. After reviewing the various options, I selected this one and have not been disappointed. The bracelet is well made and everything is of high quality. They are cool looking, tuff, durable and will be helpful I'm sure if a situation to utilize it were to arise. We could use it to tripped a bad guy, tie-up a bad guy, swing across a bridge, catch some fish, or just look really cool walking home. Really like the screw in clasp pin, and it doesn't seem like the clasp will scratch, it seems to be made out of some space-age material. Highly recommend it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 February 2015
Was quite a bit too big for my wrist, and there is no way to alter it, even though on the size it should have fit perfectly.
Also started to break after 1 day of use.